1970's - 5

The morning light shined on their faces, waking her up. She felt a heavy arm wrapped around her waist and someone breathing down her neck. She slowly turns around to see Nathan sleeping peacefully beside her on this cramped couch. She watches him for a few minutes, savoring these last moments of peace before having to her up and face the real world.

Why did she fall for him so fast? He's annoying. And...and stupid. Not to mention reckless and privileged. He would never understand her. Understand her life.

"Stop staring. It's getting weird," he mumbled, making her giggle.

But he liked her. And she could tell he was trying. Guess that's all she could ask for from a rich kid from the other side of town.

"We gotta go," Jessica murmurs softly. "You got a green light on you."

"I️ have a what?" He mutters as he shifts and snuggles up to her, eyes still closed.

Jessica pushes his arms aside and sits up, making him wake up. "It's early, like 6, maybe even 7 AM. You have time to get out of here before anyone catches you," she quickly says as she stands up and fixes her outfit. Although nothing happened, she didn't want to look like something did.

Aye, que verguenza.

Nathan looked disappointed, but nodded his head. "Y-Yeah. I️ guess you're right," he agrees, getting up, grabbing his jacket. "Jess?" He called out, making her look up at him.

"Yeah Nate?" She looked over at him expectantly.

Nate stood there, at a loss for words. There were so many things he wanted to say or do or maybe even both. But instead, he says, "Come with me."

Jessica looked like as if she couldn't believe what she just heard

Jessica looked like as if she couldn't believe what she just heard. "What?" She sounded confused. She was.

Nate lets out a loud sigh. "I'm so selfish. I️ really wish I️ could leave you alone and pretend that I️ never met you but I️ just can't," he took her hands in his. "So come with me," he pleaded.

Jessica looked up at him, conflicted

Jessica looked up at him, conflicted. "Where would we even go?" She asked him, shaking her head and looking out into the horizon. "Plus, I️ can't just leave," she tells him. "I️ have my mom to think about."