present day - 16

She came across it by accident

Carolina texting Jackson, like usual. Asking him when he was coming back and what classes he had this semester and whether he missed her, stuff like that. But after not getting much info out of him and with him dry texting her back, she did the next best thing when it came to getting to know someone you liked.

Googling them.

And boy, did she hit the jackpot.

At first, she just found his old Facebook profile.

You know, the one people their age have because Facebook was soooo cool in middle school, but the second your grandma requested to be your friend, it was over, so now majority kept Facebook as a tool to keep touch with their relatives, nothing more.

She didn't get much information out of it except knowing his birth place, home town, birthday. She knew he played football, but apparently he played baseball and soccer too, and she didn't know was that he had a brother, whom he didn't talk to she assumed.

But the biggest thing that threw her off were all the mean messages left on his wall that were all less than a year old. There were things on there like "murderer", "psycho", "arsonist" and "killer" on it. Curious, she continued.

Carolina took the names she found and googled them. She entered "Jackson Hale" and "Holy Cross Academy for Boys fire" and saw a couple articles come up. Carolina read through them all, eventually piecing together what had happened.

 Carolina read through them all, eventually piecing together what had happened

Jackson killed somebody.

                                     * * * *
Jay was working out by himself, since Jackson was still on vacation. He had a gym employee spot him while he bench pressed, breathing deeply in and out until a pair of boobs were waving in his face, almost making him lose his grip.

"Ahh!" He yelled, making the gym employee rush over to help him before the dumbbell crushed his throat.

"You okay?" Carolina asked, looking a bit concerned. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I️ didn't-"