1960's - 3

Kathryn was at her locker when the metal door suddenly slammed shut, narrowly missing her fingers. She yelped in shock until the perpetrator revealed himself behind the door to be Mason. "M-Mason-"

"Hey Kitty-Kat," he smirked, leaning against the lockers. The nickname actually would've been cute if she didn't know how much of an asshole and jerk he was. Instead, it just annoyed her and he knew that.

Kathryn wasn't in the mood for his games.

Plus, she was scared of him.

Not only was he rude to his brother, he bullied every colored person on campus. He threw them into trash bins, beat them up, dumped milk on them, the list was endless. And Kathryn heard about Alex harassing the black girls at their school, knowing they would be too scared to say anything. Both boys got away with everything with only a slap on the wrist. Just handwritten apology letters she knows they didn't mean and a lunch detention. But no suspensions, expulsions or getting kicked off the baseball team.

So their reign of terror continued.

Kathryn turned around to escape him, only to get pulled back and shoved against the lockers. The bell rings, and everyone ignores the situation that was happening in front of them as they go to class, and she knew why. The white kids didn't care what happened to black students and black students were too afraid of Mason, afraid that they might end up in his radar if they stepped in.

So now it was just up to her to defend herself. "You haven't called me that since we were kids," she shoved him away from her. "What do you want?" She hissed.

"Simple. I️ want you," He says crudely, making her blink her eyes fast, recovering from what she just heard.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," he eyes her up and down, suddenly making her self conscious. "You know, as brothers we share everything," he leans in closer to her, making her cringe. "So why should Theo," his hands started making way towards the buttons on her blouse, his fingers fumbling around with it, "have all the fun?" He asked.

"You're so-"

"Alex told me how black pussy is the best-" And before she knew what was happening, her hand automatically trailed up and smacked Mason across the face, making him yell in pain.

"Don't touch me, you animal!" She yelled at him, turning to run off.

"Fucking bitch!" He cursed out, holding his cheek in his hand as if it's gonna soothe the pain. Now she was really in for it.

Kathryn rushes to her next class but the other late bell has run, meaning all doors were officially locked until next period. Kathryn tried to open the door to her science class, only to meet with the teachers disappointing gaze. Kathryn sighed turned around, hoping Mason wasn't still stalking the halls.

She turned the corner and bumped into hard chest, who's arms wrapped around her to hold her steady. She almost screamed, until she looked up to see that it was Theo himself. "Oh my god Theo!" She sighed in relief, wrapping her arms around his torso.

Theo, bathroom pass in hand, was delighted and confused all at the same time. Kathryn didn't acknowledge him in school besides in the library. And now she was hugging him tightly in the hallway.