present day - 10

"Aye, good practice today," Jackson gave a couple of his teammates high fives as they all went back to the locker room to hit the showers cause in all honesty, he stinks

After practice though, he hangs out by the bleachers, watching as the sun sets on the horizon. That's when he felt someone sit down next to him. "Thanks for meeting me," he said, turning to meet Aaliyah's eyes.

"Well, you said you had something important to tell me, so...." she said as she put her bag down next to her. "What is it?" She asked.

"Go out with me," he said, catching her completely off guard.

"What?" She asked, making sure she heard him correctly. "Jack-"

Jackson shook her heard before she could say anything. "No, no, no. I️ know what you're gonna do and I'm not gonna let you do it," he points at her, making her laugh as she shoos his hand away. "Come on Liyah, one date," he said.

"Jack...."

"Do you want me to beg?" He challenged, getting up on his feet, making her laugh even harder. "Cause I️'ll do it," he said, getting down on one knee. "Aaliyah," he sang out, making her giggled even harder. "Are you seriously going to make me beg?" He deadpanned.

"Stand up idiot. I'll go on a date with you," she agreed, making him get up and return to his original seat, sitting a bit closer to her now. "Where we going?" She asked. "And no more surprises," she scolded.

Jackson playfully rolled his eyes. "God, you ruin the fun out of everything," he mumbled, making her smack his arm. "I'm kidding! Geez, so aggressive. I'm starting to rethink my proposal," he whined, making her roll her eyes.

"As if. Now come on! Tell me what you have planned," she said eagerly, leaning into him a bit more.

Unable to resist her charms, he grinned down at her. "Beachside picnic," he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "Just picture it. It's a nice ass day outside. Sun's out shining, we're listening to Queen-"

"Again?" She asked.

"Again," Jackson nodded. "Good music, good food and even better company, don't you think?" He asked.

Aaliyah laughs and gets out his grip. "You're smooth, I give you that," she complimented. "But we both really know it's just a plot for you to see me in a bikini," she accused, making him feigned offense.

"What? I️ can't believe you think so low of me," he scoffed. "But...are you?"

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and smirked. "Guess you're just gonna have to wait and see," she teased. "But can I️ ask why?" Her tone was serious.

"Why what?" Jackson raised an eyebrow.

"Why me?" She said, looking up at him. "Ever since you got here Jack, you've always been there and, not that I️ mind or I'm not thankful or anything but...why?" She wondered. "Do you see me as someone you have to save or something?" She asked him.