1980's - 2

After three weeks of being at her new school, Amaya managed to land in detention another three more times. All courtesy of Nick of course.

The second time was when he made her late to class. His new little flavor of the week spilled milk on her on purpose cause he told her it would please him if she did. The dumb trick actually did it, and so Maya had to rush off to the bathroom to get the stain off her blouse but to no avail. So, Ms. Santos gave her afternoon detention.

Her father wasn't happy she managed to get two detentions but when she tried to explain, neither him nor her mom wanted to hear it. Chris couldn't help her cause he was at basketball practice.

The third time was when he almost hit her with his car again. This time, fed up with being blamed for his actions, she picked up the nearest thing she could throw, which was a stray piece of concrete rock, and threw it at his windshield.

It cracked, but not broke. Which was a bummer for her.

They then go into a screaming match in the parking lot.

Maya entered her home at 5 pm, instead of the usual 2 pm because she had yet another after school detention. All cause Nick thought it would be funny to play a prank on her during chemistry and mix the wrong chemicals in her tube and beaker when she wasn't looking. The teacher blamed her, when her and her new friend Monica, tried to explain many times that it wasn't her.

Maya tried to quietly sneak in but it didn't work cause as soon as she tried to sneak pass the kitchen, her dad calls out, "Amaya. Grace. Johnson."

Uh-oh. Full name. She was in trouble.

Amaya sighed and turned around to face him. Her dad was sitting at the dining room table, watching tv while her mom was fixing up dinner. "Where have you been?" He asked, deadly serious.

"After school art class with Monica," she hoped he wouldn't catch her in her lie.

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?" He asked. "So why did I️ get a call from the school saying you were to serve yet another detention today?" He asked.

Damn it!

"I️-"

"That's the fourth one in two months Amaya!" He slammed his fist on the table. "What the hell is going on with you?"

"It's not me, I️ swear! It's this stupid boy at school that keeps messing with me except he never gets in trouble and I'm the only one who gets caught!" She quickly explained.

"So you weren't late to class?" He asked.

"I️ -"

"And you didn't break a car window?"

"I️ didn't exactly-"

"And you didn't endanger anyone in chemistry class?" He crosses his arms.

"Now that one wasn't on me!" She pointed out.

"I️ don't want any excuses Amaya. Blaming others for how you react and your actions is irresponsible and childish," he lectured. "Are you acting out cause we moved? Do you miss your old school and friends?" He asked.

"What? No!" She scoffs. The look on her dad's face says it all. "I mean, yeah sometimes but that-"

Her dad holds a hand up, cutting her off. "Amaya, listen to me," he commanded, making her cross her arms and pout. "I know you were happy with the move, but what did you want me to do? Let you starve just cause you didn't feel like moving?" He asked, making her slightly fool her eyes. "Until you've decided to stop acting out, you will not be getting a cent from me or your mother," he stated, making her jaw drop.