A.U. 1990's - 9

Five months later....

"Give a hand to your West Valley Prep 1998 class valedictorian, Eve Harris!" The principal announced.

Zach watched with the rest of a graduated as Eve walked across the stage, looking beautiful and confident in her blue graduation robes, waving and smiling excitedly before thanking the principal and taking a stand at the podium. "Hello fellow graduates, and congrats on getting through the last four years of high school. The journey isn't ending, but is just beginning," she starts.

Zach looks around the crowd and sees An older woman that looks like Kayla, presumably her mom, Kayla herself, alongside Eric, Evan, Eddie and Eva on Eric's lap.

"The experiences we shared over the last couple of years," she says, now looking out into the crowd of graduates until she and Zach's eyes meet, "all the laughs and cries, the joys and heartbreaks, is nothing but a taste of what's to come next. But I trust you guys will take what you learned, and apply it to everyday life and situations," she grinned. "You guys maybe not have the IQ of 130 like me," she jokes, making everyone else chuckle a bit, "but I️ know you guys are just as smart. And I️ know you'll find your place in this world with ease," she said. "So, congratulations again, class of 1998, and may you all succeed in any and everything you do."

Everyone clapped and cheered as Eve hurried off stage again. Finally, they called out for everyone to walk across the stage and receive their diplomas.

"Asher Fontaine," the principal calls out. Everyone cheered as Asher excitedly ran on stage, doing a little dance before smiling and waving into the audience, making everyone go nuts.

"Zachary Fontaine..."

There was a loud cheer for West Valley's beloved football star, as we walked across the stage, delivering everyone his signature charming, megawatt smile as he picked up his diploma.

The principal congratulated them entire class and everyone tossed their head caps up and cheered, relief washing over everyone for finally being done with high school.

Zach and Asher were surrounded by family afterwards, smiling and talking when Zach looks behind his uncle and sees Eve smiling and posing with her siblings and friend for cameras. He quickly excused himself and walked over, despite not talking these last couple of months.

"Zach!" Eva noticed him first, making everyone turn to face him.

"Zach," Eve said in a surprised tone. "Hey," she quickly covers her surprises with a smile.

"Congrats, class valedictorian," he says. "Hey Eva," he reaches out and tickles her in Eve's arms.

Kayla and her mom look between the two of them, waiting for an introduction. "Um, Zach, this is Kayla," she motioned to her. "And her mom. They're like my second family," she tells him.

"Where...." he started to ask, but noticed Kayla shaking her head behind her, motioning him not to ask. "...are you going after this?" He redirected just question.

Eve looked at him in confusion before answering. "Um...I'm just going to a diner after this," she tells him.

"I'm having a grad party at my house, if you guys want to come," he offers. "It starts as soon as we get back."

"We-"

"Love too!" Kayla cut in, speaking over Eve. "We'll be there Zach, thank you," she smiles.

"Oh no, you two go on. I'm too old to party like that," Kayla's mother waved them off. "It's y'all night anyways."

Before Eve could speak, Kayla spoke again. "Get together y'all, I️ need at least one picture of y'all," she said. Eve looked up at Zach uncertainly before letting Eva down and stand next to Zach. "Say "graduated!"