"I️ don't know...my parents-"

"Come on Celeste, live a little," he teased.

She sighed and figured, what the hell? Now's a good day as any to have her parents angry at her. "Okay," she said. They held hands as he led them out of the prom venue and into his old truck. He opens the door for her, like a gentleman, before heading over to his side to start the car. "Where are we going?" She wonders.

"You'll see," he says, making her skeptically look at him

"You'll see," he says, making her skeptically look at him. "Trust me."

She did. She does.

They arrive to a local diner and walked in. "Hey mom," Austin greeted as he and Celeste took a seat at the counter.

"Hey honey! How was prom?" His mom asked him before her eyes shifted over to Celeste with a smile. "Who's this cutie? I️ didn't know you had a date," she said.

"I️-"

"He does now," Celeste smiles at him. "I'm Celeste Washington," she smiles sweetly.

A flash of recognition went through his mother's eyes and before she could speak, Austin said, "Can we have two milkshakes? Please?"

His mom "hmmph'd" but did what he asked. "What flavors?"

"Vanilla," Celeste requested.

"Chocolate," Austin ordered.

"Coming right up," his mom said.

"Your mom works here?" Celeste asked him.

"We own the place," he says. "Not many customers. Tourists, road trippers, but when we do get regulars, they love it here," he tells her as she takes a look around.

"It's lovely in here," she smiles. "I️ wish more people knew about this place. You ever thought about promoting online?" She asked him.

"My mom is sooo hesitant about using the Internet," he laughs. "Plus, I️ think she would hate it if this place was packed everyday."

At the mention of his mother, she returned with two milkshakes. "Anything to eat?" She asked.

Austin turned to face her. "Um, any restrictions?" He asked.

"I'll eat anything," she tells him.

He then turns back to his mother. "The can we get two bacon cheeseburgers and fries?" He asks.

"You got it kiddo," she winks before heading to the back to place their orders.

"I️ think it's really cool she's involved in the restaurant. Most people would hire someone else to take care of business," she said.

"No. Not my mom. She's a control freak," he jokes, making her giggle as she takes a sip of her milkshake.

While waiting on their food, they spent the rest of their time reminiscing about the last four years. "Okay so, honestly, when was the first time you noticed me?" She asked as she dipped her fry into her milkshake.