Inside the darkness

Hello everyone! :D Here I am, slaving away for you guys again. Thanksgiving break has left me lots of time to sit around being terrified of creepypastas, working on an essay for English class, write 10 more pages for Senior Thesis, and other delightful things! And to think, it began today. ^^

All right, enough whining! I want to get at least one chapter out for you guys, and I intend to do so! So, here I go, everyone! Let's plunge into the depths of Brine Cave!

- - -

     It wasn't 5 minutes of walking in the dark before the gang was under attack by enemy Pokemon. The creature in question happened to be a crab. A crab whose claw was almost the size of his entire body, it was. Chatot gaped in shock and flew out of the way of the claw's grasp. Rise, Crystal, and Celeste all scattered out of the way of the killer crab.

     "Watch out! That's Kingler!" Chatot declared, flapping out of reach of the 'Kingler'. "It's claw can snap your neck in a moment!"

     "It's water type, right?" Celeste yelled.

     "Well yes, it-"

     "Got it!" Celeste darted forward, razor-leafing her way closer.

     "Celeste, be careful!" Chatot yelled.

     For some reason, the leaves bounced off, and then she realized his shell was simply too hard. She needed to find the weakness. She slid under the crab's belly and sent the razor sharp leaves into the little crevices outside the crab's protection. It fell before her, defeated. She let out a whoop of victory, and her teammates cheered.

     "Looks like someone's been training." Crystal said warmly. Celeste smiled fully for the first time in a while. She supposed it would do no good to be enemies now, whatever had happened in the future. She could barely even remember why they'd been like that. Had they had some sort of falling out? Celeste had been afraid of it, ever since she'd claimed Rise for her own. Ever since Crystal had saved them, however, she felt Crystal's defensive aura that had been a shield ever since the return from the future dissapate. Crystal returned her smile, before she was suddenly embraced by Rise.

     "Wow, Celeste, I didn't know you had that sort of strength in you!" Rise said, picking her up and twirling her around with a grin. Celeste grinned as well.

     "There are a lot of things you don't know about me, Rise." She said cryptically, and nuzzled him quickly. "Now let's explore Brine Cave." She declared, and they walked deeper into the darkness.

     "So birdbrain, seems you really do care." Crystal said, a smug grin on her face. Chatot turned to her.

     "What are you talking about!?" He squawked. "I am simply here to make sure you three don't get into too much trouble and because the Guildmaster told me to. If you three faint, then we'd have to start at the beginning again and that would be too troublesome and would waste too much time, time we've already wasted because you three couldn't find Torkoal until 3:00 in the morning! I'm only thinking of our mission! The world's in dire peril, you three know this better than any of us. If we were to lose time because you three decided to be reckless and end up letting the world's paralysis occur, I would never be able to live down the shame! I am only thinking of the mission, nothing more!" Chatot flew just above them. "Now come on." He said.

     Celeste and Crystal giggled.

                                                                    ~*~*~*~

    They walked deeper into the cave. Rise silently pointed out an enemy, and they were able to sneak past it without fighting. They were lucky the cave was so gloomy. They slipped through narrow crevices, walking deeper, talking softly amongst themselves. Smiling, laughing, have a grand quiet time as they explored, they continued deeper and deeper into the depths of the cave, occasionally running into other guild members, hanging around for a few minutes, and exploring further. Once they had gone a little ways, they came upon a strange room.