Temporal Tower of Terror

Hello to all who are reading this! Gosh, it feels kinda bittersweet. After all, there are what, three chapters left in this whole book?

Hmmm, maybe four. I dunno. Nevertheless, it is coming to an end soon, and then you'll never see these characters again.

Unless Valentine's Day.

Then maybe.

Also I am writing this on the throes of my birthday be grateful my darlings.

Dedicated to StormyDaze for the wonderful fanart of Crystal they made me~! It's beautiful~! Go check it out!

- - -

     Crystal, Celeste and Rise walked up the long pathway that led to the Temporal Tower. Crystal stopped a moment and looked over the edge, and immediately felt nauseous as she shivered and backed away. Rise looked back, eyebrow raised, but she waved him off with a flick of her tail. He stared a moment longer before walking ahead. She felt Celeste nudge her from behind but she shook her head and walked on, grateful for the warm, smooth stones underpaw. She was surprised that it seemed as if it had been tread many times. Maybe some ancient civilization once lived here?

     They continued walking, neither of her companions daring look over the edge. They all knew they were high up. One misstep could end in destruction. Maybe they were all nervous just because of the trial ahead, but it was better to be safe than sorry. The trail had plenty of room for all of them, even if all three of them walked side by side. It was, however, a long way down just the same, so they stuck to a single file line. Rise, of course, was in front. Crystal was in the middle, trying to walk closer to him. Celeste was in the back, trying to walk closer to both.

     "It's not far now, guys." Rise said, starting to sound more cheerful.

       "There's no turning back now..." Celeste whispered, her voice carried on the wind. Crystal looked back.

     "No, there's not." She agreed.

      "Hey, up there!" Rise said. Crystal and Celeste looked up.

     "Is it a bird? A plane?" Crystal muttered sarcastically, then paused. Wait, that really didn't make sense. What was a plane, anyways? What she saw when she looked up, however, greatly disturbed her.

     "The top of the tower is glowing red!" He said, but Crystal shook her head, it was more than red. The clouds looked like a swirl of blood, spinning on the top of the tower like a hurricane. The wind blew harder. She shivered.

     "What's that about?" Rise asked, and Celeste shrugged.

     "Whatever it is, it's a bad sign." Celeste said. "Or at least not a good sign."

     "Let's move it." Crystal said. Whatever it was, it was a sign that they were running out of time- literally. They dashed up to the tower, and Crystal frowned. The tower was a dark blue and silver color, but now it seemed to glow an ugly red in irregular patterns. It almost looked like the tower was bleeding. What a lovely image. There were azure spikes in the doorway leading into the dark interior.

     "Well, here it is, the entrance to Temporal Tower." And then the ground started shaking. Rise yelped as Crystal suddenly fell on him, reaching for support and losing her balance. At last the tremors stopped.

     "Has it settled down?" Celeste had fallen off the stairs completely.

       "Yeah. What caused that earthquake anyways?" Rise gasped. "Hey! That reminds me! Aiden said something about this! He said that time going out of whack started when the Temporal Tower started to collapse! So that quake we just felt... Temporal Tower might be falling apart as we speak!" Rise declared.