Miracle reasoning

"Hey! Wake up!" The eevee was in his base, Sharpedo Bluff, now, on a seperate bed. The eevee slowly opened it's eyes and looked around. It looked surprised when it saw Rise.  

"H-hel..." The eevee cringed suddenly.

"Hey you ok? Who are you, anyways?" Rise poked the eevee, who cringed from his tough.

"D-don't-!" it squealed, weakly pushing his paw away from it's neck, which seemed to be a rusty red color. Unusual. Eevees, weren't they a lighter color? Looking closer, the evee looked pretty beat up, explaining it's timidness. It seemed especially protective of it's neck.

"W-wait, I'm not gonna-?" He noticed something flash under the fluffy coat. A birthmark? The eevee curled up, shivering. "I'm not gonna hurt you, whoever you are..." he mumbled. The eevee did not reply.

"Alright, if that's how you want it..." Rise slowly backed off into his own bed, and clutched his rock tightly. He hid it in the straw and closed his eyes. A loud moan of pain issued from the other bed. He whimpered and tried to ignore it, digging into the straw, and eventually fell asleep...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blink. Blink. Blink. 

Crystal opened her eyes and looked around. Her neck had ceased it's sting, as did the other scratches. She must've been caught in the storm, for it was all she could remember. She yawned, and surveyed the surrounding areas. A Riolu was fast asleep beside her. She stared at him, and blinked a couple times. Somehow she felt she shouldn't be this small. She was human, right? She gave herself a shake and tried to walk on two feet toiwards the Riolu, but she seemed to not be able to do that, four legs were much more efficient. She prodded the Riolu curiously and felt for her necklace. It was gone, but something else was in it's place was fur. Wait, fur? The necklace was gone, had it grown furry or something? She pulled at the mystery substance. The Riolu opened it's eyes, bright red.  

"Y-you're alive!" he gasped, jumping away from her. "W-wha-?" her voice was highpitched. That wasn't normal. "What happened to my voice?" she exclaimed.  

"You ok? You were uh, bleedin' last night..." he mumbled. 

"You talk?" Crystal gasped. 

"Y-yeah, why?" 

"Y-you're a pokemon!" 

"So are you. You racist or something? One of those stuck-ups that'll only talk to their own kind?" 

"I'm human!" 

"No, you're pokemon, moron. Look at the water." 

Crystal gulped and looked over the edge, down to the crashing waves. She felt sick, her face went green. "Ungh..." she moaned.  

"Not that water!" gasped Riolu, splashing her with a pawful of water from who-knows-where. 

"Sorry!" she spat water out of her face. The rusty red on her mane dripped away.  

"What made it that way?" Rise stared at the red puddle on the floor. 

Crystal rolled her eyes. Hadn't everyone seen blood? Idiot.  

She stretched, and looked around.  

"So where am I?" she said, ignoring his Pokemon talk. She was all human. Anyone could recognize it. Was he blind? His eyes looked rather clear, not glassy if he was hallucinating.  

"This is my home. It's called Sharpedo Bluff. I live here with Yuuki-chan." The Riolu said. 

She was almost afraid to ask.  

"Who's 'Yuuki-chan'?" Crystal raised an eyebrow.  

The Riolu went over to the stack of hay she assumed was his bed, and began rummaging. He pulled out a rock.  

"This is Yuuki-chan." he said, revealing the strange patterns.  

Crystal stared at him like he was demented.  

"You named... a rock?" she sighed.  

"It helps me be brave so I can join wigglytuff's guild." 

"That's... really sad." Crystal narrowed her eyes. "Listen, you're sweet, but I have to go." In truth she didn't. She just wanted to be away from someone who named a /rock/.  

"D-don't leave!" he burst out. "Riddle me this, batman! Why did you end up at the beach?" 

Crystal smiled in amusement. So easily disturbed! He wouldn't last a moment in her world. 

I don't know." Such a simple, yet true answer.  

"W-well, maybe if you go to the beach it will help clear some things out." he said. 

For a second Crystal thought she was being asked on a date.  

Did Pokemon date? 

"Sure. Why not." Just keeping an eye on this strange kid, that was all.  

------ 

Rise looked around, confused. What a strange Eevee. He'd never met one so... was there a word for it? She was freakish. How did she heal the wound on her neck? Why was she on the beach? Why did she think she was /human/?  

"There's a tide pool over here. I'll show you you're an eevee." he said. To think he didn't even know her name.  

"And I'll show you I'm a-"the color drained from her face when she saw her reflection in the water.  

"Eevee. You're an eevee." Rise said. The eevee let out a blood-curdling shriek, spouting out nonsensical things in what Rise thought was a panic attack. Well, she'd end up giving herself a heart attack running around like that.  

He decided to distract her.  

"I'm Rise." he said simply, lacing his paw on the Eevee's shoulder. She cringed for a moment, shivering in the afteraffects of an energy-consuming fear.  

"I'm... Crystal." she said. "Or atleast... I think I am." 

"Awww~ How sweet. Is the shy little Riolu makin' a friend?" A zubat flew over to them. 

"Hehe, show us that pretty rock ya got there." A Koffing grunted, poisenous gas rolling off his body in a nausiating stench. 

Crystal covered her nose, making a face of disgust. Rise narrowed his eyes. 

"S-sure." he said, showing them the rock. 

The koffing lunged forward.  

"Lemee see it!"he said. 

Rise was knocked back, feeling the twinge of pain in his shoulder. He winced.  

"ngn... G-give it back!" he begged. He could see Crystal growling at them, her tail twitching in anger.  

"I would suggest you back off." She growled. Rise's eyes widened. "W-woah...." he said. /She may be foolish, but she's pretty brave!/ 

"Hehe, hey girly, standin' up for your boyfriend?" The koffing flew out of her reach as the snarlinfox tried to bite him. Rise seemed to be paralyzed.  

"L-leave her alone!" he gasped. 

"You want your stone back? Meet us in the end of Beach cave." the Koffing said. "If you aren't too scared!" jeered the Zubat. The eevee couldn't reach them. She sank to the ground, panting. "W-well? Arte you going to lie there? Let's get your stone back!" she snarled.  

"O-ok..." he said, standing up, and following her into the cave, damp with it's waves constantly pounding the shore. His heart lurched, and he paused. Crystal pushed him. "COME ON!" she yelled.