Gravity (The Final Chapter)

I promise, no playing, that this really is the final chapter... Which is actually really depressing. Hey, I know I'm starting a new story come September, (and yes, for old time's sake, it is a Pokémon Fanfiction), but man, this story. /This. Story./ I'm gonna miss writing this.

Songs to listen to- Gravity of Love by Enigma

Why?

Honestly, when I first wrote out this chapter in my mind, that was playing. It really influenced the dialogue between Rise and Crystal, and is also one of my favorite songs anyways.

Remember When by Future World Music

Why?

Because it just perfectly encompasses the ending of this chapter from Rise's point of view in a musical form. I actually have a whole playlist of music I listen to while I'm writing on Youtube.

Whisper of Hope by Gothic Storm and Surrender to Hope by Immediate Music

Why?

Just listen to these two while Dialga replays the image of the beautiful world they've saved. Especially the latter.  

And now, the final chapter of

The Time the Sky was Dark

- - - -

      Crystal groaned, eyes clamped shut.

     This... This is...? She opened her eyes. A flood of light assaulted her, and she struggled to her feet. She... She was still alive? Could it be possible that she'd been spared death? Had Aiden been wrong all along? She stood shakily, surveying her surroundings. The pillar that had fallen had narrowly missed Rise's prostate, limp form. She walked over to his body and gently nuzzled his side.

     "Rise..." She whispered. He groaned and opened his eyes, and turned to her. His eyes were still glassy from pain, but he recognized her. He gave her a weak smile.

     "Hey, Crystal..." He said, gazing up at her. She smiled wide.

     "Hello, Rise." She said, and helped him to his feet.

     "We did it." He whispered. "We saved time..." He said, and looked around. "Where...-"

     "This is Temporal Tower!" A voice boomed. Both Pokémon cringed and clung to each other, ears flattened in terror. They'd know that voice anywhere... A large blue dragon walked towards them.

     "Dialga!" Rise yelled, half in fear, half in rage. Crystal suddenly found herself behind Rise, his hackles raised, a low growl in his throat.

     "You have no cause for alarm." The dragon regarded him coolly. "I have regained my reason." Crystal's ears perked as she stepped to Rise's side.

     "Huh?" Rise voiced her confusion. He was still in a defensive position, he seemed to not even notice that Crystal had moved from behind him.

     "Temporal Tower has taken heavy damage but it has survived. Now, Observe." Suddenly Crystal the dragon probing her mind. Before she had a chance to resist, images flooded into her mind.

     The first image was a field. The grass was green as if each blade were made of emeralds. Dew shone in the golden sunlight, shining like little stars. The trees (or were they bushes? It was hard to tell from the angle) were a darker green, holly bushes, their bright red berries like spots of rubies amidst the evergreen. A young Azurill- Crystal knew that Azurill!- popped out of somewhere outside Dialga's vision, his eyes bright. He called to Marill and the two ran and played in the sunshine that would never be in danger again. Crystal was afraid her tears of joy would block her vision, but it was Dialga's vision, not her own, and all she could be bothered about was the sun shining onto her thick dark pelt, which she didn't mind- the breeze was far too lovely.