Chapter 56

19 BBY

Tyvral

    Tyvral walked through the hallways of the star destroyer, peeking down every hallway. He walked into the training room it’s lights turning on as he did. Dev sat with his back facing Tyvral in the middle of the room. “Dev, where is everybody!” shouted Tyvral walked towards him.

    Dev did not respond.

    Tyvral walked towards him and reached out a hand. “Dev?” he said grabbing the Twi’lek’s shoulder. Dev spun at a blinding sped and grabbed Tyvral’s throat, “He’s coming, he’s coming, run!”

    Tyvral gasped for breath and threw a kick towards Dev. It struck Dev who crumbled on the ground covering his face with his arms. “What’s wrong with you?” shouted Tyvral.

    Dev slowly pulled his arms away from his face and then he slowly raised his head. Tyvral recoiled at the sight: Dev’s face was littered with lines, his eyes were sunken deep into his head, and filled with a dead look. “Kill me,” he pleaded, “Like you did them”.

    Tyvral spun around and saw dozens of clones lying on the ground unmoving, lightsaber marks on their armor. “No, no,” said Tyvral backing away from the clones. He touched something and jumped back spinning to see what it was. A tall figure loomed over him, where’s there should have been a face was only a black mask. But Tyvral could feel its eyes burning into him, but there were no eyes, just the sound of its breath. Tyvral began to tremble in fear, but it only continued to breathe. A lightsaber activated and the figure was bathed in crimson light. It raised the lightsaber as Tyvral tried but move, but he couldn’t he could only watch, and hear the breathing. The figure brought down the lightsaber.

    Tyvral shot up panting wildly. He looked around, his room was the same as it had always been. He walked unsteadily and opened his door, a passing clone saluted, “Commander”.

    Tyvral gave the clone a shaky nod.

    “You ok sir?” asked the clone.

    Tyvral nodded and smiled at the clone, “Yeah just need to get some grub”.

    “It’s not too bad today,” said the clone.

    “Thanks,” said Tyvral breathing deeply to calm his heart which still raced.

    “Anytime sir,” said the clone before continuing down the hallway.

    Tyvral knocked on the modified metal door.

    “Come in,” rumbled Shargo.

    Tyvral pressed the button and walked into Shargo’s quarters, “Hello master”.

    Shargo looked up from his datapad he was reading from and at Tyvral, “You seem troubled”.

    Tyvral nodded, “Yes master, I had a troubling dream”.

    Shargo set the datapad aside and gestured towards a chair, “Please tell me”.

    So Tyvral did, describing everything shaking at the memory of whatever that thing was.

    Shargo smiled at his apprentice his crest turning orange, “I had some visions that troubled me, and I spoke to Master Yoda. He reminded me that our destinies are our own. Do not let fear guide your future, and try your best. Then what you can control should go well, and for what we cannot control we must trust in the force”.

    Tyvral nodded, reassurance flowing into him. He stood at his full height, “Thank you”.

    “Anytime my apprentice,” rumbled Shargo with a bow of his head.

    Tyvral turned towards the door.

    “Tyvral,” said Shargo.

    Tyvral looked back at his master, “Yes?”

    “I believe that you ready for a solo mission,” rumbled Shargo.

    Tyvral flinched in surprise, “Really?!”

    Shargo nodded a smile curling on his lips and his crest was still orange, “Indeed, you are a fine Jedi and a finer individual, you shall prevail”.

    Tyvral felt his chest tighten as he looked at Shargo through teary eyes. “Thank you”.

    “You have earned the praise,” said Shargo, “Admiral Sato will tell you the detail, I will join you shortly”.

    Tyvral nodded and walked out.

    Shargo opened his desk and pulled out a holocommunicator, he activated it and Master Yoda popped up and looked at Shargo with his big eyes, “Hello Master Gal, happened already has it?”

    Shargo shook his head, “No master, I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to do this, I know it is unusual”.

    Yoda smiled, “Your judgment we trust. Look forward to hearing what happens I do”.

    “I hope I am doing the right thing,” rumbled Shargo.

    “In the force, we must trust,” said Yoda.

    Shargo nodded, “Yes, and may the force be with”.

    Yoda bowed his head, “May the force be with you”.

Author's Note: Wow my spellcheck hates Yoda. Vote if you think the chapter deserves it and I look forward to reading your speculations.