Chapter 10

Tyvral

    Tyvral and the other younglings walked across the snowy landscape of Ilum, bundled up their large coats. Dev waved them along his specially designed coat whipping in the wind, especially his like which snapped around his head. “Come on, it’s not much further,” he said waving them along.

    The five younglings followed the Twi’lek through the howling winds and arrived at a soaring glacier. “This is your first test younglings. Reach out with the force and open the way”.

    “But I don’t see anything,” protested a young Togruta.

    Dev grinned, “Don’t look with your eyes, look with the force”.

    The younglings all closed their eyes and held out their hands. Pillars of ice descended from the glacier revealing a Jedi temple within. They all gasped in awe at the chamber of ice and golden light that was before them, all encircled by statues of ancient Jedi. “Greetings, young ones,” said the small green figure in the middle of the room.

    “Hello Master Yoda,” said everyone as they entered the room, bowing their heads at the small figure.

    “Know why you are here, do you?” asked the Jedi Grand Master.

    The younglings all murmured to themselves, but Tyvral spoke up, “To create our lightsabers”.

    “Correct young one,” said Yoda. His lightsaber floated from his belt and activated, beginning to slowly spin in the air. The younglings stared in awe at the blade as it did so.

    “The lightsaber, the greatest tool of the Jedi it is. And the heart of the lightsaber, the crystal is, and here is the home of the crystal” stated Yoda.

    The younglings nodded all of them clinging to every word. A few whispered to each other excitedly at the prospect of getting lightsaber crystals.

    The lightsaber deactivated and clipped back onto Yoda’s belt. “Now into the cave, you must go”. He waved his hand and the chandelier which hung from the ceiling shifted and two glasses focused the ray of sunlight that shot into the room. The magnified ray struck the top of the doorway melting away the ice, which transformed into a waterfall.

    Tyvral and the others gasped in wonder as the water cascaded down.

    “But be careful, if you are not back by nightfall then the cave will have frozen back over and you will be trapped,” said Dev.

    “For how long?” asked the Togruta.

    Tev’s eyes darkened, “For a rotation, and no one will be able to help you. So go”.

    The younglings ran towards the mouth of the cave, “I’m gonna get my crystal first,” proclaimed the Togruta.

    Tyvral scoffed, “Yeah right,” he said and sprinted past her into the cave.