Chapter 6 - American Affairs

Sure I had been to the war room before, in my dreams but I was actually going there for real. It was just as exactly as it was in Stanley Kubrick's film. The big boards and the shiny floors. I wished to see it in colour, but with the timeline. All I could see what black and white, like they did in the movies. It was rather strange though.

This morning I got out of bed, it being the Friday morning. Grabbing my bag from under the bed, and stuffing clothes into it. I also grabbed my sketchbook, pencils, pens, and most importantly. My German dictionary from Primary School. I guess I could of took jotters to, but eh the bag was stuffed.

I was about to walk out of my room, and to the other side of Griffins cloud, if I hadn't turned on my phone and realised the time.

"Heh, they're not up yet."

9am thus 5am for them. Washington DC was 4 hours behind Scotland. So what could I do for a good few hours? Strangelove and I agreed that is cone over at 12, which is 4pm for me.

"Hello?" Chucky greeted.

"Mmm?" I looked at him.

"You've been so spacey, what's with the get up?"

"Heading to Shock's lab." I walked over to the door.

The doll was questioning my mood, but I could do the same thing as well, if I had the energy.

"Shocks!" I called, upon arriving at the lab. "I'll be using the time machine at like 4."

"Great! Cause I need to discuss somethings with you?" He lifted his head up to see me, although banging it on the machine he was working on. "Ach! It was like what year and stuff you'll be going to."

Oh shoot yeah! 1968 surely the year would be different from 2024? Can't believe I was thinking about the stuff like that...Shocks flew over to his desk with his computer, shoving a load of blueprints and tools off. So he could use the keyboard. I waited for his approval that it was ok to overstep the work line.

"D-Date today?" He tilted his head to the side.

"31st of the May." I replied, taking a step back.

He began scratching his neck with his back paw. "Slept rough. Was thinking about your mission."

My date more like...hmm what? I just wanted....would like to see the man and time travel. Shocks brought up the calendar, the date being indeed. 31st of May 2024. Asking me what the year was I'm going to, 1968. Oh, oh wow the calendar is exactly the same.

"Woah...fates putting is together..." I said in amazement.

The doctor scratched the other side of his neck. "It's cause of the leap years. Both times are leap years and are, of course gonna be the same."

I nodded, feeling excited now.

"But now that that's done, there's some rules that you must to learn." Grabbing a piece of paper off the floor, and a drawing stick. Making sure it was fresh with charcoal.

1. Check clothing.
2. No use of modern technology
3. No talking about the future, to them
4. Do not give out to much personal details.
5. Do not read, or pay attention the the news. As out last of the knowledge could be different from the first hand experience.
6. Do Not bring anything unimportant back from the past.
7. Do Not bring people back from the past.
8. No friends, or relationships of any kind.
And last DO NOT drastically alter the past!!!!!!