Chapter 58 - The Cooling Fires

I blinked, feeling like my tongue got yanked out, and cut off. Gulping silently though, there was an odd presence of this man tonight. Like...I couldn't quite place my finger on it either. Maybe those were cut off to. I checked, nope, all 10 are still here.

"Cats got his tongue, that shouldn't bother us." Mr Staines had spoken. extending out a hand. "Care to dance?"

I silently gulped again, feeling a small eruption to cause, with a few warning signals that the space ships weren't gonna be enough to stop it. I took the offer without much thought, and Strangelove hadn't said a word. So I assumed it'd be ok, despite his opinion on the sneaky Secretary. We waited that little bit till the current song had finished.

Where I could of sworn that my mind had rushed with all sorts of thoughts, from the views of Hell, which I had saw at the age of 14, to then a somewhat lustful desire, of being dominated. I let go of Mr Staines hand, and all images had cut off. This man wasn't a demon in disguise? No, don't be ridiculous this is the 1960s.

"If one flirted at Christmas, than chances are still high." He spoke.

"Yeah and I'm just joking with that. Harmless fun." I scolded, course he had to bring that up.

"If be harmless, what was the time in February?"

"I-" I stuttered, turning red in fluster.

"Shall we." He took my hand once again, getting into position of the dance.

A gasp left my lips, feeling his hands creep to my waist, whilst I had to place my hand up on his shoulder. I looked away at this point, feeling another volcano erupt. The music had started. A soft mellow song, I hadn't know the genres of this time. Probably Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll but that sounded like the 1950s. Feeling the synths flow out and all through my body, I knew exactly where to be moving to.

"February, my darling, try to remember, but I much prefer December." He started once again.

In the Hell was he talking like that? Like one of the poets? It's not romantic, stop flirting with me, I'm in a relationship as it is.

"What happened in February, I do not know, except maybe..." Oh, now this poetry talk suddenly caught on, almost like a riddle.

"Go on my darling."

I let out a small exhale, having to reopen my eyes, looking at the ground beside, to avoid any awkward eye contact. My mind racing thoughts per minute, all too many flashbacks, the present, and the future.

"Sin, upon sin be made, where two pieces fitted together, as one with one now, that piece won't fit, broken, soft, hidden away, not even that oneself had dared to look at himself."

"So, laws of soul bond destroys, after sin of greed, that upon was unleashed?"

"Nein, he would say, not greed, twas education."

"Education?"

"Virginity!"

I had looked into his eyes, still now and not ever another time. There was a spark there, a some what warming sensation, if I hadn't continued to stare, perhaps it wouldn't be so awkward. but I kept at it, blocking out every thought now, of what could ever happen between us, so often, so little. as if the world soon turned slow and into a rather gooey like substance.