Chapter 60 - Ready Steady Go! There are 4 in this race!

April 13th 1969
Strangelove looked behind to see me standing there. I looked at him with a small smile, he pushed my face away, shoving his diary into a draw. Folding his arms.

"Oh who's a grumpy man." I tousled his hair.

"Just want to be left in peace so I can write in it."

I kissed the side of his face, before leaving the study room. It was 7 in the morning, a playful morning, but Strangelove wanted to keep his distance now. I whistled out a small theme, hearing the telephone go, Strangelove called that I'd get it. Fair enough I can travel faster than him, I skipped to the bedroom picking up the phone on his bedside table.

"Yellow?" I answered.

"Ay it's you! You fancy on coming down to Burpelson for the Easter Egg Hunt?!" It was the literal definition of Juvenile.

"Sure! I don't have anything on this weekend." I replied.

"Alright so I'll just pick you up the now, and you can use your magic stuff, since it starts in a few hours."

"Oh woah-"

"Unless my soul can't take it-"

"It's fine! You could of just given me a heads up like a weekend ago or something."

The General had hung up on the phone, giving a hefty exhale, I ran my hand over my face. Strangelove had to ask who it was, I said it was nothing important. Surely to through him off the scent that whatever happens in Texas stays in Texas. Dumb state. I grabbed on my shoes, thinking about if Turgidson's soul was a lot maturer (magic wise) we could be able to get to Texas and back in one day, but I couldn't count on it. In fact, I hung my head to the side, who in the hell has been exposed to more Magic here? Surely Strangelove, no? I was about to head out the door, when Strangelove had called saying I had to be back before a certain time. I said yeah yeah, having more magic on my mind than whatever he had to say. Heading out to the street, waiting for the General to come round with his white boxy car.

***

The magic was held much better this time, managing to get straight to the airport, and not spawning on the wrong side of the roads. Turgidson drove into the car into one of the bags before turning it off.

"It's still a darn strange thing, don't ya think? Like the car isn't effected at all, but we are."

"Mmm..." I was unsure of what he meant, but I'm theory most times or not.

Material objects are highly unaffected by it, it was just living organisms. I stepped out of the car, having to take a stretch, looking up to the sky. It was bright down here, and barely as cold as D.C. The time was 6am from what my phone read, grateful that it shifted the time zones itself so I didn't have to.

"Come! You can help hide the eggs!" Turgidson was too excited, for something so childish.

"Is there a gamble on who will find the most eggs?" I asked, as he took my hand. Having to slip my phone back into my pocket.

"No but we will take a gamble soon with Baseball!" The General stated.

"You're not supposed to Gamble! Where are you getting the money from?!" I asked.

"Don't be a psychiatrist now, I've told Eliane about it all, and we're going to spend more time together. We're friends!"

By God! He was insane! It made me rethink my friendship with him, he was just like to fricking obsessed and insisted we'd stick like glue. I was gonna refuse this Easter event! I ain't no child this young! And I hate Easter!