Chapter 5 - American Dreams

"Hey-H-Hey!" Chucky poked me.

"Huh what?" I opened my eyes.

"I made Dinner!" He kept poking me, this being the stomach.

I nodded, pushing him off me. Getting up from the sofa. Chucky swore, so I laughed and picked him up by his feet. Teasing him though, just to relief the tension. We really are supposed to be friends, I kept him hidden against the police force. I did many deeds for him, risking my life for him. Though I'm still doing it the now, having him here.

"Oh ok you win." Chucky wheezed.

I smiled, putting him on a chair. "The bigger humans always win."

"It's better being in this body though, you live forever."

"I do consider it sometimes, the black magic of voodoo powers."

"I tell you it's a lot easier to master, instead of the Griffin shit, but it's just as evil and tricky."

I nodded, eating a potato. Dinner wasn't much, the same old same old meals. Never came up with anything new, I didn't like change. It's a common trait for me. I finished my meal, washing my plate, and putting it away. Going to my room, though I stopped to ask Chucky something.

"Have you ever watched the film Dr Strangelove?"

He looked up, looking confused. "Peter Sellers? Oh yeah yeah, you should check out Pink Panther while you're at it."

I gave a nod, going to my room.

"Why'd you ask?"

"O-oh, it's unusual to me. It's not a horror, an old film."

Chucky told me it was 60s. Wow 60 years ago. I frowned, feeling strange. Though I got to my room. Looking at my DVD collections upon the wooden shelves. I ran my fingers over the spines of Psycho, Jeepers Creepers, and Creepshow. Sighing to myself. Looking opposite me to find Nightmare of Elm and Halloween. Looking at all the horror collection around me, I felt like I was going to abandon it.

"H-how did I even find you?" I asked myself, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Oh...Mr Kubrick's work."

I've collected most of the films but yet haven't seen them. They were interesting though, all different genres. I couldn't help but to think back to the black and white Cold War film.

"Strangelove...Strangelove...." I paused. "Strangelove! Oh curse you." I giggled.

I needed a distraction, maybe a revisit from my childhood. Minecraft? Roblox? Hmm yes, Roblox.

***

To the dream world now, Pinhead was there to greet me, to check up on me. I kissed him, roses growing around us. The garden of thorns. Though the garden of thorns only really happened when, a life lesson was to be taught.

"Oh?"

"Just something to ease the atmosphere." He replied, taking my hand. "Your youth of the human species is becoming harder and harder to contain. We've punished much of the adultery as it is. There's not much left."

Pinhead's Cenobites would often be killed as well. He kept having to make back ups. From the time we've been going out, I knew that Chatterer had been made at least four times. The leader kept Female and Butterball close to him. They weren't easy to remake they were proper human souls.