:3 Three Waved Smile

"Eat," Atticus pressed, thrusting a giant bowl of rice-like gloop on top of her work.

"But I just ate!" Rosemary protested.

His long, blue ears shot backwards and he narrowed all three of his eyes. "And?" he asked.

"I'm full," she huffed.

"But why won't you eat?"

"Because it'll make me sick," she argued.

"A female human with your BMI needs to intake approximately 2,000 human calories. You've only consumed approximately 380 calories this morning. You need approximately 1,620 human calories more. This is fed to prisoners to keep them appropriately nourished. This will help you reach your calorie necessity." he explained.

She sighed. "You're sweet, but you really are a dumbass."

"How am I an unintelligent gluteus maximus?" he questioned.

"Not important." She shook her head. "I have to eat throughout the day. My stomach is too small to hold a behemoth bowl worth of food at one time. I'd have to eat this food gradually throughout the day, so my stomach has time to process it."

"That doesn't make any sense. If your body needs a certain amount of human calories, then why can't it store it?" he inquired.

"I don't know. Why are you blue?" she deadpanned.

"My home planet's terrain was blue. It helped us blend in from an evolutionary standpoint." he elaborated.

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "That was a joke."

He cocked his head to the side. "Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?" he asked.

She frowned. "It's worse that you don't even know you dissed me."

He only looked more confused, but he didn't seem to know what question to ask.

"Disregard everything I said," she instructed.

"But I want to better understand you," he protested.

She sighed again and rose to her feet. Lazily, she flopped against him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He returned the gesture and curled his four arms around her.

"Do you love me?" she asked.

"Of course. You're my favorite creature in the whole galaxy. I would give anything for you, including my life. I love you very much." he assured her.

"Then you don't need to understand me. I'll take care of keeping myself alive and making witty comments. You keep track of your fancy alien things." she pushed.

His mouth curved in a three waved smile. "I can understand that."