Specimen 57

TW: animal? abuse, needles, body fluids

Note: THIS IS PART 2 TO "Specimen 56" NEAR THE TOP OF THIS LIST, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.
I wanted to drop this story for 100 followers, but someone unfollowed. RIP. Thanks for 99 followers tho! lmfao
Also, I'm begging someone to connect the dots between Xavier and my other character, Atticus. ⊙﹏⊙

            “Good morning, Xavier!” Ali greeted.

             They figured that if sedatives didn't work the first time, then using them again would be a waste. Ali hadn't realised he was napping, so her raucous comment made the creature jump to life with a snarl. He quickly stopped when he realised who had disturbed him. He broke into loud, rumbling purrs, fighting against his bondage to rub against her side.

            “I didn't know they were going to chain you back up." She glared at one of the cameras.

            “It's fine. They don't hurt much.” Xavier informed her, but still looked wistfully at his limbs. 

            “These interfere with my work, so…” She began to deconstruct the chains. 

             They were difficult to pry open, but as she got one off, he was able to help her free himself. When they finally got the last interference off, he pranced around her and repeatedly headbutted her shoulders affectionately. Deep purrs and chirps also sounded from him. 

            "I missed you too, Xavier, but unfortunately, I have to go to work," she murmured.

             He slowed his pacing until he settled down in front of her. A light purr continued to radiate out of him. "I assume you require saliva first."

             "Yes." She laughed softly. "May I say that your English is getting really good."

             "I've been reading your book," he informed her.

             She glanced at him quizzically as she fiddled with a small cylinder.

             "To Kill a Mockingbird," he elaborated, "The one you were reading while you were monitoring my heart rate during increased physical activity. You left it in here." 

             "I was wondering where that went! I've been meaning to finish it, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Where did you put it?" she asked.

             His purring stopped. "It's stashed under my blanket." he said, gesturing to a blue blanket that she'd brought him early on.

             His cage was bare, and she thought he deserved something. Even a simple comfort like an old blanket. She figured it'd especially come in handy with his cold naturedness.

             "I presume that means you didn't intentionally leave it for me, and you wish to have it back?” he inquired. When she didn’t respond, he nodded. “I will recover it for you."

             When he got up to get it, her hand quickly flattened against his chest to stop him.

             "Well...have you finished reading it?" she asked.

             "No," he said, "However, neither have you, and of course, it is your book. I didn't mean to take it from you."

             "Keep it," she assured him.

             "But-"

             "I can get a new copy, and we can talk about it," she told him.