Chapter thirty nine - Better

!Warning! This chapter has more blood than others and is sad-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The demon child took a step back as you growled. Inosuke charged at the demon who was now distracted by you.

The chime sounded again, just as Inosuke had gotten to them. You looked around quickly, your tails brushed against small trees, making them bend slightly.

Ceoko had spotted them and ran at him, he freaked out and teleported, you heard the chime as he did it.

That chime.... it was so annoying. It made you mad, you growled again but louder.

Inosuke kept charging at the kid at full speed, he was cutting the kid everywhere, but each time the kid would teleport farther away.

And every time that same chime would sound.

You stomped on the ground while letting out a roar, it shook the ground and probably alerted everyone in the area....

Great going.

The ground cracked and made its way to the demon, making him stumble on his feet. He fell on the ground, giving Inosuke a clear slice to his neck.

You looked at the demon boy, for a short second you could see the fear in his eyes. You almost felt bad for killing him...

His head flew off and landed in the ground right in front of you.

His eyes faced towards you, there was blood on them so he probably couldn't see clearly.

Then you heard him say something,

"I'm sorry, momma...." He said it in such a low whisper that you were the only one that heard it.

You shrunk back into your normal form. You stared right at his head, he was already crippling away.

Inosuke was quiet as he looked at you, so was Ceoko, who was only a few steps behind Inosuke.

~Demons Flashback~

"I'm sorry, momma"

He looked at his mother who was staring him down, she had a stick in her hand.

"I-I-" He tried to say.

His mother just looked down on him, like he was nothing.

He had accepted that by now, he was nothing. He couldn't help his momma....

Her eyes were full of disgust, "I don't need you," she spoke harshly.

She lifted the stick towards the door, there was someone there now. It was a man, he had a rope in his hands.

"Leave and don't come back," She ended the conversation and turned away from him.

"M-" The man grabbed him by the hand and ripped him away from the house, it was no home.

He went walking for awhile til they reached a building. The building was terrifying, he didn't want to go there, no, he wouldn't go there.

He broke from the mans grasp and growled at him. The man seemed tired and disgusted.

Why was everyone so disgusted by him? He never did anything wrong...

He punched the man in the chest multiple times til the man picked him up by the neck.

"Stop that, brat!" The man yelled.

He punched him in the face causing the man to throw him on the ground and cover his, now bleeding, nose.

He ran and ran til he reached a place he never knew existed. Everyone looked at him and turned away disgusted. He hid away in a corner, he was starving, he wanted to eat, hide, and see his momma again all at the same time.

He didn't want anyone but his momma. He began to cry, til he heard something.

It sounded like footsteps, he got up and got in a defensive pose, he started growling. Then he heard a voice..... it was a soothing voice.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

A man emerged from the shadows......

Douma

He had saved him, he couldn't fail him now, he gave him a home, made him strong.

He didn't want it to end up like this.... he wanted to live...

~~~~~~~~~

The boy tried to teleport one last time, but failed.

You stared down at the ashes.

"He's gonna be okay now," Ceokos voice broke your thoughts.

"Yeah...." You croaked out, he was going to be okay....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the sad ending.
Thanks for reading!