Chapter eighteen - Deep breaths

You stared at him for a while before slowly getting up, your stomach growled.....

*Food.*

Oh right, you needed that.

You got up and looked around the fridge, there was no more food. Just water, maybe the place had food? Maybe you slept passed it......

Might as well try?

You snuck out the room, leaving the sleeping Inosuke.

You don't want to wake him up, not when he looked so peaceful  ('꒳')

You walked down the hallway, you hadn't seen any kitchen or dining place before.

You went to the front desk and looked around, nobody was at the desk but there was another hallway.

You followed down it and met some more rooms, the place was a little empty though.

The reception desk was empty, and there were barely an people.

A little spooky.....

You found a dining area at last- but there was no food.....

"Dang," You murmured as you started going back, you heard a battle cry and then some people complaining, very little people.

You recognized the battle cry, it was Inosuke.

You ran back and saw some children walking in through the front door as you went by.
No one else, just some kids.

You weren't about to ask what they're were doing though, so you kept running.

You made it to your room and burst through the door. Inosuke was in mid-scream and then he stopped when he saw you.

It took awhile but he screamed again before charging you, you screamed in return but didnt move.

He stopped before he tackled you in a hug,
"Where did you go?!?" He asked,

"To get food!" You answered as frantically as him,

"I can get food!!! You should've told me!" He
yelled again,

"I'm sorry!!" You answered.

He stopped his yelling only to return to it,
"What do you want to eat?!"

"Yakisoba!" You answered happily, just thinking about it made your mouth water.....

"OKAY!" he responded quickly before dashing away,

"YOU NEED M- oh forget it," You gave in, you didn't have any so it was no use. Maybe he will find a deal- or.... something.

You closed the door behind him and sat down on the bed.

.....

Well....

Now what?

You looked around, trying to find something to do.

You drank some water so you didn't get dehydrated, then you stared at a wall, thinking about how hungry you were.

You made the bed, then jumped on it a bit. You looked out the window and then laid back down on the bed.

Your ears twitched, you heard something.

Was it a faint sob? It sounded like a child's,
you looked at the door.

Did something happen? We're they lost? You couldn't just leave them.

You got up slowly and went to the door, you opened it slightly to see a small child crying, it was a little boy.

You almost cried just looking at him,

"Are you okay?" You came out of your room and went over to him, you had the key in your pocket in case you got locked out.

"T-they stole m-my b-big brother!" He wailed out, crying,

"Who did?" You asked carefully,

"T-t-t-the demons!" He cried.

The demons? But it was daytime...

How could they have gotten him?

You wanted to help him, nobody deserves to have a family member taken away! Your heart saddened.

"It's okay! I'll help you find him!" The words came out of your mouth before you could react, probably not the smartest idea since Inosuke will freak out once he sees you're gone......

Oh well, I'll be back soon.

"R-really?" He brightened up, the tears stopped for a bit,

"Of course!" You were determined to help him, no matter what!

You grabbed his hand,
"Do you know where they are?" He nodded slowly and started walking away, bringing you with him.

He led you out the door and up a hill, it was familiar but you kept walking. You smelled some familiar scents and your ears went down....

wait.....

You both walked up to the warehouse.

The warehouse you swore to never go into, the warehouse where it all went wrong.

Your breathing got heavy, you wanted to help the child..... but go in there?

Deep breaths

Deep breaths

You reminded yourself, you looked at the child,
"Stay here and wait for your brother," you said firmly, he nodded slowly and wiped his tears.

You were going in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the time!