Chapter fifty eight S2 - Instincts

A wave of panic rushed through you. You could tell Ceoko was panicking as well.

You paused for a second trying to figure out what to do, but your instincts took over as you dashed at Sanemi to grab Ceoko.

Of course it didn't work, soon you were pinned to the ground under the unusual strength of his arm.

"So now you're protecting this demon? You all are the same." Sanemi spoke as his grip on Ceoko strengthened.

Your heart raced as your head sunk deeper into the dirt.  You tried to lift yourself up but the weight on your head was too much.

There was no one else around, Ceoko was trying to wiggle free. He even went to the extent to change into his regular form.

But Sanemi just gripped his neck instead.

Ceoko wouldn't die from this, but you could tell he was in a serious amount of pain.

You kept trying to think of a way out of this.

The only thing you were able to come up with is to transform.

You clenched your teeth as you focused on your breathing, steam emitted from you.

Your body morphed into something not of a 40ft fox. But definitely not a normal sized one.

Sanemi was forced you let go of you and back up, even Ceoko was surprised.

Now in your place was a 10ft fox.

You growled as slobber dripped from your mouth.

Sanemi shock turned into a smile, he dropped Ceoko and pushed him away.

"Now you're showing what a true demon looks like!" Sanemi shouted as he started reaching for his swords.

You let out a roar that caused the other hashiras to come over.

However, one was already in a tree; watching.

Ceoko had already scampered off into the woods.

The master spoke, "Sanemi, enough,"

Sanemi immediately put his swords back and stood up straight.

You stopped to look at the master, you closed your mouth and sat down.

Inosuke soon ran out of the mansion yelling about something or maybe yelling for you.

You noticed him straight away as your tails started wagging. He immediately ran towards you.

"You're a fox!!!" He exclaimed, you nodded.

"It's definitely an improvement," Shinobu said.

Sanemi slowly walked over to where the master was, you knew he was ready for a fight. He wanted a fight actually.

You looked at Inosuke then the master, you were worried what they would say about Ceoko.

"You should've told us about your cat friend, rather than us finding out on our own," The master spoke calmly.

You put your head down and spoke a silent, "Sorry."

Ceoko slowly came out of the bushes.

It was already dark and cloudy out.

"We're sorry to deceive you," He continued, "We feared that this was the only way we could've unlocked your potential,"

You transformed back into your regular state. Inosuke smiled widely and hugged you again. You hugged him back, of course.

"Now that we know you can do it, trainings going to get a lot more.... extreme," Shinobu said amused.

She wasn't wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!