Chapter fifty nine S2 - Thoughts

The training definitely had gotten more extreme, but now you were able to spend more time around inosuke.

You had gotten some of the same training they had, stretches (which were just horrible) and the weird cup thing.

She had gotten you a few times, leaving Inosuke the laugh at you and then you throwing a cup at him.

But eventually you had gotten the hang of it.

Ceoko has been coming around more often, he seems to have made a friend. They hang around in the trees often just watching. The Hashira he met was the one with a snake around his neck.

They didn't seem close but they definitely sat around in the same trees often.

You would meet up with Ceoko at night sometimes, he was trying to teach you how to hide your tails and ears.

It would make things a lot easier that's for sure.

You had also gotten more control with your forms, celebrating with inosuke throwing you around in the air and spinning around in giant hugs.

Tanjiro had presented the idea of training the other demon slayers, since their numbers had been dropping.

Wasn't a bad idea really.

Inosuke had been focusing on using his swords a lot more, he was getting better at it too.

You guys had dueled a few times (without the Hashiras watching), you weren't the best with a sword so inosuke managed to beat you almost every time.

Even Ceoko would join in and battle, he was surprisingly good with it too.

It would almost seem like a battle to the death with them sometimes. Till you would throw a rock at one of their foreheads.

Everything was going smoothly, but the thought of Douma was still in the back of your mind.

Was he watching right now? Just how much does he really know of your past. Maybe he was training too.

But you would be ready for him, you and Inosuke (and maybe Ceoko) would beat him.

Beat him to a pulp!

To the ground!

Into pieces!

You weren't going to lose.

You knew Inosuke wouldn't lose either.

The battle was coming up soon, you felt it.

And you couldn't wait. You swallowed the lump in your throat as you tried to fall asleep.

You looked over at Inosuke, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu (who had tried to take the bed next to you but was stopped by Nezuko).

They slept peacefully, or as peacefully as Inosuke can be.

You looked at him, he still wouldn't take that mask off while he slept. It had been awhile since you had seen his face.

You remembered the first time you had seen his face, it was such a pretty face.

You closed your eyes once more and drifted off into sleep.

Letting your thoughts drift into a dream, a dream where you had won.

But at what cost?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoyed!!