Chapter thirty eight - Growth

The kid was a small boy, they couldn't be any older than 13.

He seemed frightened but was able to hold his ground.

Inosuke and you charged him again, he teleported behind you and Inosuke quickly jabbed at him.

It was clear the kid had never fought before, his dodging was slow and he was only really running away.

He let out a yelp as the sword grazed by his ear.

You knew you shouldn't be feeling any sympathy for a demon, but this was a kid! He wasn't even fighting back!

He teleported and the chime went again. Inosuke growled loudly and shouted at him again, "Get over here, demon!"

He charged at him again, "Inosuke, let go of my hand! You'll fight better that way!" You tried to tell him, but again he was being stubborn.

"I can still fight!" He sliced at the kid, it hit made a small cut on his cheek.

Then the kid was gone, followed by another chime. The boy was getting tired.

Inosuke looked around, you tried to maneuver your way out of his grasp but he was holding on to you tightly.

"Inosuke listen to me!" Your tails swung and your ears went back, you felt weird and you were sure it wasn't just anger.

"I am listening!" He said, "I just don't agree!"

"I want to fight too! I'm just as strong as you!" You said.

"Stop fighting each other, now is not the time! " Ceoko hissed at you both. He had been chasing the boy and bringing him closer to us, clawing at him along the way.

You felt that strange feeling again.

Inosuke growled but didn't let go of your hand, "We're not fighting!"

The kid was even more confused at this point, he was getting chased by a traitor angry cat demon- some other people were fighting- and now everyone was yelling at eachother....

Douma is going to be so mad....

Inosuke pulled you to him as you tried to escape, "Inosuke! Let me fight as well!"

"You're going to get hurt!"

"Trust me, I won't!" The feeling was even stronger than before.

He still held on at first "Inosuke!"

Then he let go,

The feeling was still there.... it wasn't an angry feeling anymore,

It was a......... powerful one.

Inosuke had gotten his other sword out now, he looked at you. He looked angry but... worried.

You looked at your hands, your ears went back up and your tails stopped.

Then it happened.

A blast of wind just like before, not powerful enough to blow you away but still breezy.

Your whole body took the form of a nine tailed fox, not as big as the one before but still overgrown.

You growled at the demon, who was even more worried now.

Ceoko looked at you shocked, so did Inosuke.

You turned to him, you saw him give you a sharp smile.

You gave him one right back, you were going to show your worth. You weren't going to be small and fragile anymore.

Inosuke had gotten that now, he understood.

And now you were ready to kick some ass,

together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading!