Chapter thirty seven - Visitor

You looked around again, you still couldn't see anyone. You thought you heard something but it was so faint you weren't sure if it was even real.

You began to worry a bit, you knew Douma wouldn't just give up that easily.

You squeezed Inosukes mask tighter, Inosuke still didn't notice anything. Ceoko had popped his head out out to look around, he looked tense.

The fur on his neck was standing straight up.

Something was here.... and it wasn't a bunny.

You were soon surrounded by a forest which made it even darker. The sun was setting quickly and there were some clouds in the sky.

"Inosuke I think you should let me go now...." You said quietly.

"Nope," He said,

"Please?..." Your voice was laced with worry.

He looked at you then looked around, he set you down, "Just stay close to me then..."

You held his hand, you felt him hold yours as well.

You were still alert but it calmed you down a lot.

Ceoko creeped out of the bag and got on Inosukes shoulder again. You noticed his fur pricking straight up.

Everything was silent, the sky grew dark as night came. You looked around the empty forest, you couldn't even see any animals....

It was so dark out you couldn't tell if it was the shadows or something else, you squeezed Inosukes hand and he gave you a small squeeze back.

Your ears twitched, you could hear something. It sounded like wind howling, yet you felt nothing.

You looked around frantically for where that noise could be coming from. There was nothing but the trees and their shadows.... until you heard it.

It was a quiet noise, one you wouldn't notice unless you were completely quiet.

It was the sound of a bell, only one chime was all it took for Ceoko to start hissing loudly.

Inosuke heard it as well and got one of his swords ready, he didn't let go of your hand.

Your ears twitched, there was another chime but this time louder.

Ceoko had a low growl in his throat, his tail flicked around vigorously. You glanced around, it was silent until you heard footsteps. They sped up and your heart raced, there was a bright light suddenly.

You didn't even know what happened before Inosuke had spun around and slashed something...

or someone.

You heard them now, they were extremely quiet but not silent. The chime is what gave it away.

Ceoko seemed to recognize the demon, their scent was familiar.

You locked eyes with them, they were a bright orange. Your eyes widened as you noticed their outfit, it was the same hooded figure you had seen with the ink demon.

That explained why you didn't hear them, they had been teleporting.

Inosuke was only able to get a little cut on their chest but you could see that they were surprised.

Ceoko leaped off Inosukes shoulder and transformed but you heard the chime then they were gone. Ceoko rolled on the ground once he missed.

It had gotten even darker now as more clouds came.

You heard them behind you now, both you and Inosuke quickly turned to face them. He tried to jab them with his sword, you swung a kick at them.

You both missed once the bell chimes again. They were farther away this time now you got a good look at them, you realized they almost looked like a ninja, they were silent and covered in black-ish, gray clothing.

They also had a good on, they seemed to be staring at Ceoko. They must of knew eachother....

They were short but you couldn't tell their gender. Inosuke looked at you and you looked at him, somehow you got the message he was about to dash at them.

So you both ran, both prepared to attack, they seemed to freak out a bit.

Almost like they haven't been in battle before...

Inosuke let out a battle cry that can only be described as.... deafening, it made your ears go down. It startled the demon enough for him to get a clean cut at their head.

It cut the hood and the mask they had on, then they teleported, the chime sounded again.

"Stop running away!" Inosuke yelled at them, they flinched.

That's when you realized.....

This demon.....

Was a kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the late update! If you didn't know my phone was shattered... I should be getting a new case soon, or ill start typing on my computer.

Thanks for reading! Please tell me if there are any mistakes!