Chapter 28_Surprises

As I was saying in the previous chapter, I'm planning a new book, it won't get started until I'm done with I call her KARMA but...I would put out a trailer later in the book, I won't spoil the surprise...
....It's ACTION!!*squeals*..
Dang it, I said too much.

Song: The one by The chainsmokers.

The dreaded day for the date had come and Elle was a wreck all day, Tristan could only do so much to cheer her up plus he left that morning, since Elle was going to be on her date with Jake, Alex took Tristan for the day.

To make things worse, Ethan had some important meeting to go to and Brad wasn't even an option so Elle was left with only Taylor and she wasn't helping matters either.

Usually Taylor would be fangirling about how cute Elle and Jake are together but today she was just...numb and distant.

It worried Elle, she was used to her best friend being her ray of sunshine and not the other way around.

"So which of these dresses do you prefer.." Elle held up a simple green dress with longer sleeves that stopped above her knee and a red dress that was bare back with just straps crisscrossed to hold it together.

Taylor looked up from her phone, her eyes dull, she shrugged, "you always look good in red, wear the red one" her voice was monotone, she returned back to her phone.

"Okay.." Elle had had enough, "Tay what is going on with you? You've been distant lately and I wanna know why?" Elle asked her voice laced with concern.

Taylor's eyes lit up dangerously and she frowned, her eyes blazing with anger,

She leaned in almost like she wanted to say something then she paused, moved back and her eyes became cold again.

"Let's get you dressed it's almost 8 o'clock" Taylor abruptly got up.

Elle sighed and closed her eyes, she couldn't come up with any possible reason as to why Taylor was acting so weird, it was so confusing, she hated this, she hated this version of Taylor the most.

*******

At exactly 7:41, the doorbell was rung and Elle immediately rushed to the door, her nerves were frayed as the thought of seeing Jake made her nervous.

After adjusting her brown curls that was expertly done by Taylor, she straightened the red dress, it hugged her curves nicely and it stopped below her knees with a side slit.

Her make-up was kept minimal, some mascara, blush, dark eye shadow that complemented her dark eyes and red lipstick.

She threw open the door, expecting to see Jake but it wasn't Jake, it was Alex and Elle's breathe hitched in her throat.

Alex was casually leaning against the door frame, going through his phone when Elle opened the door, he straightened and looked up, his eyes widened as Elle came into view.

She was stunning with that dress that brought out her sexy curves, she was an inch or two taller thanks to the heels she wore, she was decked out in red, her lips had a coat of red, his eyes glued on her lips, they turned a shade darker.