BLOG #45

A ENCODED LOVESTORY

My name is Charles. A average status man. Not to be rude by somehow, I got the attention of girls unintentionally. At our schools, girls kneel over just to talk with me. They give me secret love letters, chocolates. In short, they are courting me instead that I am.

I'm not that a playboy type but my admirers doesn't fit my standards. Yeah yeah I know I'm just using some of my girls to get what I want but not all the time. I'm just looking for a girl who is simple but elegant.

But one day, when our teacher dismissed us from the class my friend Clark approached me with a letter holding on his hand.

"Tol, may nagpapabigay nanaman sayo" He gave me the letter then he put his arm into my shoulders looking me a creepy look.

"Dami nating admirers ha? Baka naman penge naman ako oh" He said nonchantly.

"Nako nako, bumitiw ka nga. Teka, sino ba nagpapabigay nito? Dami ko nanamang babasahing corny love letters" I removed his arm and get ready my things up. Then when I looked over him he was furious yet sweaty.

"Huy! Sino nagpapabigay nito?" I hissed at him. My eyes squinted to him.

"A-ah si Paula! Oo! Si Paula nga!" He exclaimed making him sweaty even more.

"Si Paula? Bat naman siya magbibigay ng gantong letter? Aish tara na nga umuwi na tayo"

Aish! Paula is from the other section and yes, she's pretty too. We just met last week where we are in one club and then friendship got good on us I guess?

***

I just finished my homeworks and I don't know what to do next. I released a heavy sigh because there are many requirements and tests that needs to be pass and accomplish.

Then a idea popped up in my head. I will read Paula's letter. I took my bag and opened it and it was there in between the pages of my English notebook. The cover of the envelope looks cool and beautiful.

I teared the envelope and I saw a soft and fragrant paper. I opened it and it beat me to the punch huh? This is not a ordinary loveletter this is a encoded loveletter.

Dear Charles,

../ .-- .- -. -/ - ---/ - .- .-.. -.-/ - ---/ -.-- --- ..-/ -... . -.-. .- ..- ... ./../ .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.--/ .-.. --- ...- ./ -.-- --- ..-/ -.-. .- -./ .-- ./ -- . . -/ - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .--/ .- -/ - .... ./ ..-. .. . .-.. -../ .- -/ .---- ..--- .--. --/ .. .-../ . -- .- .. -/

-Paula

***

I didn't slept well because I decode the loveletter late at night and my effort fade off. I decoded it and it says:

Dear Charles,

I want to talk to you because I really love you. Can we meet tomorrow at the field at 12PM? I'll wait.

-Paula

Why would Paula wants to talk to me (Because she loves you, you silly Charles!). Curiousity is striking upon me and it's killing me. Why? Why me?

After the discussion my eyes looked around to see Clark but no avail. I want him to go with me in meeting Paula at the field but I guess he go home first. Oh well, I'll go all by myself then.

While I'm heading to the park my mind is still preoccupied on what is the reason why Paula gave me a loveletter that is transformed into a code. First, why did she sent me that coded loveletter? To enhance my decoding skills or what? Second, I don't get the point that she loves me because we just met a week ago. And lastly, why did she wants to meet me at the field? For what reason/s?

I'm almost there and I saw a girl sitting one the benches. Her hair looks perfect and shiny as well.

I called her and I beamed a smile on my lips. She stood up facing her back on me then she turn herself and my eyes would explode any second from now on what I'm seeing.

"Hi Charles, I love you!" She muttered.

"C-CLARK??!"

Clark, a gay, have a crush on me. Sh*t!