BLOG #41

I'M NOT AFRAID OF GHOST

Two days before my Mom's birthday, I told her that we will be having a trip to Thailand and she's glad to hear about it.

I lived in Thailand for almost one year and my life there is on a middle mode. So, I decided, that this year, I will bring my mother to my living place.

I contacted her yesterday and I told her that I will meet her at the airport airlines. It's been a year since I saw my mother because she's always busy on her work.

Every birthday of my Mom, I just always bought her new clothes--the expensive ones-- as a gift for her and of course some pocket money.

But this time, I want her to feel her birthday special by joining me around. I want to express my love by this birthday treat.

In no time, she arrived the airport airlines and she's wearing a cute pink jacket. I beamed a smile while walking towards her. I miss my mom.

"Happy Birthday Ma!" As I said those words I gave her a warm hug.

"Thank you Nak! It's been a while that the last we saw and there's no changes happened to you. You're still pretty like your mother" I felt flattered by my own mother's compliment.

We reached my place at the meal time so I ordered fast food to eat.

"So how are you living lifestyle here? Are you happy living in Thailand?" She asked me while comfortably sitting one of my couches.

I nodded and also sat beside her.

"I miss you Mom!" I exclaimed and gave her a smack kiss. Literally, I miss my mother. My life here in Thailand had never been the same without my Mom. So, I will feel her presence tightly.

"HAHAHA! You seems like you really miss me huh? Do you still remember that you are afraid of ghosts?" Goosebumps conquer my body once I hear the word 'ghost'

Yes, yes. I'm afraid of ghost since ever I'm a child. But my mom, always told me that ghost never exists. They're just a scary creature who scares children by not sleeping at the afternoon.

"Mama naman eh!" I creak on her.

She giggled and held my face.

"I'm just joking! I know you, you're a brave girl." Then she kissed my forehead as a sign of love.

***

This is the second day of my Mom's stay here at my house and I can feel her weird on some point.

One time when I was sleeping my Mom is nowhere to found.

I adept here at my house so I don't get scared fast but when I heard weird noises I began to tremble.

I tried to sleep with that thought travelling through my mind. I wish my mom is safe.

The next day, I woke up late and I saw my Mom preparing for breakfast.

I sat one of the chairs and drink a hot latte.

"Mom, how's dad?" I asked nowhere.

My mom looked at me sweetly.

"He's doing great at his job. He managed to give time and love in a balanced manner" She replied and I'm happy to hear that.

After we ate, my mom told me to tour her in Thailand. But I just said that I will bring her to the most blooming ones: The water festival.

Once we reached there, as expected we became wet as a sponge.

On the time that we are enjoying my phone vibrates. Maybe someone's calling and My Dad's number is flashed on the screen.

"Ma, Wait lang ha?" I told to my Mom but she's busy playing with the water guns and shoots water to the other people.

"Yes D-dad?" I mumbled because I got shoot with a water gun.

"Pauline? Where are you? I have something to tell you..." My dad's voice piqued my attention and went to a quiet place to discuss what it is.

"Yes Dad. What is it?" I asked in a low tone of voice? My heart is racing.

"Your Mom...she is dead." My eyes expanded once I heard my Dad's statement.

But I guess he is joking. Mom is with me, we are playing here at the water festival. I can't deny it but its the truth.

"It's a joke dad isn't?" I asked.

"No. Your Mon died in a car crash where her face damaged a lot" My dad explained.

"You have to bring her soul back here at our house. Her burial is in our house. Listen, Pauline, your mom doesn't know that she is dead. To keep her soul quiet and peaceful, you have to bring her soul back here" With that news, I dropped my phone and start screaming...

I ran to my Mom's place and there she were, still playing the water gun.

When she saw me crying she rushed to my side and asked me why.

"I want to go home Mom" I said.

***

"What happened Pauline?" My mom asked me. We are here at my house sitting in the couch.

I looked at her face. I can't help but to cry... Now, she's dead. I can't explain what I'm feeling.

"Mom, I want to go home to in the Philippines. Can you take me with you?" I cried while saying those words.

"But why?" She asked.

"Because I miss the Philippines." I said with full of teardrops on my eyes.

***

Once we get home, my mom kneel and cried...

"P-patay nako...PATAY NAKO!" She cried like a broken dam.

She looked at me and said:

"You said...you're afraid of ghost...but I'm one of them now" My Morher is still crying and kneeling over her burial.

"I'm not scared to a ghost like you. You're the most caring, protective, and loving ghost that I've ever seen" I said while smiling with a tear on my eye.

We hugged each other but the people looking at us saw that I'm hugging no one.

No. I'm hugging my Mother invisibly and I can feel that she's also hugging me back.

A/N: Thank you for reading and I hope you love it! Don't forget to click the VOTE BUTTON below and if you have requests and suchs just COMMENT it below. Loveyou. Muah!