"Kayla..."

Kayla shakes her head at her. "Mmm....shoulda known," she jokes. "What are you gonna wear?" She asks.

Eve goes completely blank. Shit, it's been years since she's gone shopping. Most things were thrifted and old, definitely not party appropriate. "Uh..."

"Damn girl, don't you own a dress?" Kayla asks. Eve shakes her head. Kayla sighs and waves her up the stairs. "Let's see if I got something for you," she said. Eve reluctantly follows her up the stairs and enters her bedroom to find Kayla rummaging through her closet.

Kayla made Eve try on five different dresses before settling on a little black dress and a pair of black heels to match that Kayla swore made her look like Halle Berry. "You've always been so tall and lanky so, it works," she smiles.

"Thanks?" Eve scoffs off.

"How you doing your hair and make up?" Kayla asked.

Eve looked at her with wide eyed confusion. "Um...."

Kayla rolled her eyes. "What have you been doing all this time?" She sassed as she brought out her make up.

"Studying!" Eve quickly said. "Or working! I️ never had time for anything else."

"Yeah I️ remember before my mom took her new job as a secretary for this law office, she used to help watch Evan and Eric," Kayla said as she attempted to do a half up, half down style on her. "When did you relax your hair?" She asked. "And why? You already had the prettiest curls. Not that straight hair doesn't look good on you too."

Eve sighed. "I️ mean I️ don't have the money to get it braided and I️ guess I️ was just trying to fit in at my new school and relaxers are only five dollars so..."

"I️ guess you got everything what you wanted huh?" Kayla said sourly as she went to fix her makeup.

"Not everything," Eve frowned. Her life was still a mess. She still had to find a new job since she wasn't getting paid by Zach anymore. She had to save up to get an apartment and hopefully move her siblings with her while she went to college. She still had a lot to do.

Kayla saw the somber look on her face as sighed she worked on her face. "Girl you know I'm giving you a hard time cause I'm still salty you left me for them white folks," she teased, making Eve smile a bit. "I'll be over at your house in a couple of minutes. Now, you go have fun and next time I️ see you, you better have a big diamond on your finger and tell me that that white boy you like proposed," she jokes, making Eve laugh.

                                 * * * *

Three busses and a short walk later, Eve was kinda grateful she was wearing combat boots instead of heels like Kayla wanted her to. As she walked through the expensive neighborhood, she looked for the address Zach had given her earlier but it didn't take long as she soon spotted a huge home overflowing with teenagers.

She walks towards the house and nervously enters through the front door. She walks through the sea of people, everyone soon noticing her. She looks around, trying to find Zach, seeing as he's the only person she really knows and came for, but couldn't see him anywhere. She eventually finds the kitchen where a couple of members of the football were and sees Zach's cousin Asher drinking and laughing with some of them. She breathes in before approaching him, lightly tapping him on the shoulder. "Hey-"

"Wait, wait, wait, am I️ super drunk or is this really Eve?" Asher bops her nose, making her smile a bit. "Hey cutie."

"It's really me Asher," Eve grins.