69

Disclaimer: Police brutality is just one factor behind the systemic racism that takes place in the US

behind the systemic racism that takes place in the US. Sure we all know that "as protesters march against police brutality in cities around the nation, the police are out in force, ostensibly to quell violence and keep the peace—that's one of the core functions of a police department. But given that these protests are responding to police violence in the first place, there's no reason to believe that a massive show of police force will restore peace. It's like asking a river to repair flood damage." But why should we continue this endless cycle of virus. We need to take this time to change how policing should be done, and dive dipper into the issues that are affecting Black Americans the most (Health disparity, economical and structural segregation...etc.) It starts with reading about the situation through your local news (they are a way better force than major media outlets that fill stuff with propaganda) and find a way to support the BLM, black owned business. Because when Black Lives Matter, all lives will matter.

"Blood in, Blood out...thats the gangs oath. Being a gang member is a dangerous thing. Often, members realize this once they have joined the gang and want to leave. It is never easy to leave a gang because as a member you have information that could be shared with authorities like the police – and as a result, get the gang members in trouble. Gangs don't want you to leave because there is a fear that you will share what you know with the police or maybe another gang."

"It's just a stupid ideology, [with] y'all young guys," I voiced.

"It may be but it was the only option since it was just Cesar and I," Oscar said, "Just meeting you while I was in it was something I wasn't expecting. Now I know I want to get out and go with you to Calabasas but I can just leave since I am the leader for one so people will be looking for me and then that would put you in danger as well as your grandmother."

"So, should we still be together?" I asked turning my head, "It seems that it would be impossible for you to get out of the gang and I cannot have my grandmother live in that town anymore."

"I know!" Oscar yelled, "you think I don't know that! I am just asking for some time to situate this. I just need to continue to work with Cuchillos a bit more and I'll find a way out."