2

"Angelica!" I yelled, "What are you doing knocking on my door and why is your boyfriend crying against my fence like a bad version of Romeo from Romeo and Juliet?"

"Can I stay the night?" Angelica said, "We just broke up and I don't want to walk home this late."

"Girl, you live across the street but okay..."I thought to myself and then looked at her as she made her way through causing me to roll my eyes at the little petty drama she always included me in and sighed.

But that is what friends are for right...

10 weeks later...

Waking up the next day I needed to remember exactly what the heck I was doing especially over a hundred miles away from Los Angeles, here I am dreaming, enjoying the solitude of the hood of Freeridge, CA. Though it was far from what I would consider paradise, it did give me an opportunity to unplug, to get away from the inundation of our always-on world and focus on what matters.

"Lena!" my grandmother called out, "Can you run to the market to get some ingredients for tonight?"

"Sure thing yaya,"I put on my simple outfit

Once I had what I needed in my bag, I quickly left the house and proceeded down to the bodega my grandmother wanted me to go to for these special ingredients

"Hey Selena!" Ruby yelled.

I turned and smirked at the three out of the four amigos.

"Hey guys!" I yelled out as they ran towards me and began walking side by side with me.

"Do you need help with anything?" Ruby offered, "Anything at all?"

"I don't need anything, but if you like to tag along," I started, "I don't mind."

"Sure, why not!" Jamal yelled while making it is his mission to walk right next to me as Ruby stayed on my other side and Monse closer to him.

"So what is new guys?" I asked.

"Well, these guys won't tell me what happens to Cesar!" Monse said, "they are using the silent treatment on me but it will be a matter of time that they break."

"I see, trouble in paradise?" I questioned, "Monse, you should use those weapons to get them to speak."

"Weapons?" Monse asked.

"Cleavage," I said, "Watch this,"

I stopped and squatted down to Ruby's level and looked him in his eyes as he began to panic and breath heavily. This kid never sees a girl ever in his life which caused you to chuckle at his behavior.

"S-Selena,"

"Ruby," I asked, "What happened with Cesar?"

"U-Um ah..."Ruby began until his eyes wandered towards my breast only forced to break contact and looked at me in my eyes.