32

"We can get you the protection you need from the Santos. In exchange, you just need to ride with us."

I walked around the Prophet$'s hideout that they told me to meet them at to see the per usual in all the gangs that hire me to be their get-a-way driver; naked bitches around, smoke, and scales everywhere. When I first began this side of driving, I used to hate the naked bitches but I guess with money being the motivation, I turned a blind eye.

"I take it that you are pleased with my work," I answered with my mask covering half my face as I looked down.

"Damn straight." the boss replied, "Latrelle and Dreads can't stop bragging about your skills and everything you had planned out had executed perfectly. I feel like with you on our side, you would be a great asset to the team."

"Noted." as I turned around, "I will be for hire if you need me but I am not interested in your protection. As agreed for this little child's play robbery gig, you will stop harassing the racers."

"Agreed, babe."

I turned around to walk out of the compound with the prophets moving to the side while staying sly slurs.

"Good Damn that is wifey!" the boss called out.

"At least she is on our side," one of his goons said.

So they think.

Because I knew with that little gig I just pulled, the streets will talk.

And that is what exactly happened. The streets were flooded with the news that Haze was working for the Prophets and every minor gang was either working on an alliance with the Prophets or giving them respect. But the Santos, from what Angelica told me, they were just keeping their guard up and making it their mission to try and take down Haze aka me to prevent the Prophets from becoming bigger than them.

But wasn't that their whole foundation, the prophets were terrorizing the neighborhood until the Santos rose to try and 'defend' it.

With the violence rising on these streets, I thought it would be smart to come back to the ridge and spend some time with yaya.

At first, Oscar's goons were playing their role a little too well but with my grandmother being the sweet lovable woman she was, it was natural that they would cave into her demands and let me through.

"Oh mi nieta! ¡Te extrañé mucho!" she said while throwing kisses all over me causing me to laugh at her antics.

"te extrañé, yaya," I replied hugging her tightly, "¿Cómo estuvo todo desde que me había ido?"

"A mess," she replied, "That boy, Oscar, he wouldn't stop coming over here asking about you especially since you explained in your letter the reason why you suddenly left. Lo siento mucho..."

"Why?" I asked, "I needed that experience to grow stronger and thanks to Juliana and my friends I was able to get over it. I just want it to be back to us being us."

Por supuesto!" she assured and hugged me again causing me to laugh at her.

She missed me.

Those three simple words that had the power to convey some of our deepest emotions. Like gazing at a sophisticated picture. The more we look at it, the more we notice. The more we notice, the more we can imply. And that's the beauty of it. Everyone will relate in a different way. It's a mysterious emotion that envelopes our hearts. Coursing through us with a steady pulse and still, is as fleeting as the wind and honestly, it would have been great if Oscar said he missed me instead of interrogating me.