7

Find a way to get under my skin, ever so slightly, and push my buttons. Prove that I'm not the only one who can dish it out, and I promise I'll willingly take whatever you can give, and it is what I did during the first week which I would just ignore your antics and walk into my house and spend time with my grandmother.

All of my frustrations and anger would be channeled through my racing and I would be closer and closer to my goal of moving out of this hood.

Maybe Ruby, Jamal, and Cesar were right to try and protect me from Oscar and his minions, but it was bound to happen considering this was a small ass neighborhood.

"Ahora corta las cebollas por favor," my grandmother told me as I took a knife and swiftly cut the onions.

I knew that working in my grandmother's kitchen comes with plenty of hazards, but one of the most irritating might be the ol' ugly cry that happens when I started. While I might be excited about the dish I am preparing, those aren't tears of joy---It was hiding and acting as a good cover to the fact that I was really crying at the lie I was hiding from the true angel in my life.

"When you are done, can you pick a nice Nectarina from the tree out front?" she asked.

I went outside towards the tree. I looked around and found the perfect fruit that I wanted to get. I reached up to pick it out, only to be far from reach. I attempted to jump to get it but that didn't work as well.

"Look at the hyna," one of the Santos laughed.

Honestly, I couldn't be bothered with their antics today. Besides, I could feel the fruit on my fingertips but I wasn't able to grab it.

But he was.

I saw the fruit I was attempting to reach in his hand as he looked down at me with a smile slowly creeping on his face, "All you have to do is ask."

I simply smiled bitterly at him and yelled, "Abuela, there aren't any good ones here, I'll run to the store!"

I walked passed his ass as he laughed and soon ran down to his Impala and began to drive at my walking speed with his guys whistling and barking at me until they abruptly remained quiet.

"You know a thank you would have been a good thing to say," Oscar teased.

I continued to ignore his antics while walking down the block and turning down a street that was a one-way street. Soon I heard the car going into a screeching halt as the door was slammed closed and someone quickly grabbed my arm. I turned around and looked at Oscar to see that smile he had was gone.

"Let me take you to the store," he replied.

"No thank you," I replied back.

"I wasn't asking," Oscar said.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Walking down that road is Prophet$ territory and you looking as fine as you are bound to catch their attention," Oscar said to which I quickly pulled my hand out of his grasp and continued down into Prophet$ territory only to be held back again and basically dragged back to the Impala.

"Oscar let me go!" I yelled.

"Cálmate. No te pongas enojada." He replied, "I am trying to help your ass out by being nice and shit." He replied frowning at me which only made me roll my eyes and stopped outside his impala as he commanded one of his goonies to go to the back of the car, freeing up the passenger seat.

I tsked and stopped at the door of the car as Oscar was giving me one of those serious looks he gave Ruby when we were talking at his house.

"Why can't you just leave me the hell alone!" I said flat out.

"Because you're mine, Hermosa" he simply stated, "Get in the car and I'll take you to the store."

I was annoyed at his little antics but he did kind of have a point of me possibly causing trouble with what I was wearing though it was the most basic clothing ever.

He pulled away from the block, I saw some Prophet$ walking out and throwing some snide comments at us as he turned the other way and continued to drive.

I simply was looking out the window, my hair blowing madly in the wind in order to avoid eye contact with Oscar and his two Santos goonies. The sound of the engine in his car was nice though.

"Lena," Oscar called to which I ignored him only to feel someone put his hand on my thigh to which I swiftly put an end to doing and pushed it off while glaring at him.

"What Spooky?" I asked.

He chuckled deeply, "The hate you have for me, make you so spicy."

I inhaled and exhaled deeply at his annoying antics but soon turn my attention to the loud engine I heard revving up beside me and the sounds of Blanco playing beside me. I turned my head towards the person to see the show-runner from one of my races.

"Lena!" he yelled out laughing, "Never see the day you would ride in an Impala."

"The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it," I said the moment I light turned green and Oscar drove off as the show-runner blew his horn to which I gave him a signal with my hands causing me to smirk to myself.

"So you like cars?" Oscar questioned smirking finally getting something about me.

"I do," I answered simply, "Riding a 1966 Impala wasn't something I would think I would be riding. Hm, 2-door coupe body type, with a 230 Turbo-Thirft--vintage and you take really good care of it."

"Damn, the hyna knows her shit!" One of the Santos praised as Oscar laughed at looked at me while I continued to looked towards the road to see we were only three blocks from the grocery store.

"I am starting to think you are more than what meets the eye, Hermosa," he said looking me up and down causing me to shrug at his statement as he laughed and pulled into the store and parking the car.

-----------------