66

2 o' clock couldn't come any quicker. I walked out of the house wearing a simple white crop top and blue jeans:

Just by turning around, I could see that I had gotten a little bit thicker around my hips

Just by turning around, I could see that I had gotten a little bit thicker around my hips. Wonder if it was from the amount of heat that was getting released between Oscar and I?

I walking around the block a bit wary of my surroundings. Just because I wasn't racing anymore doesn't mean that people in my group weren't giving me the deets on what was happening around the area. Apparently from what they told me, 19th street gang was getting a bit more aggressive and they were aiming for the Santos since they recently expanded out to the Prophet's territory. Also, they were trying to hire Haze for expansion of their group and up their street creds. Honestly, I don't even know why gangs always came crying to me when it came to expanding their shitty empire.

I turned the corner and was walking until I felt a hand wrap around my neck. As quickly as the hand went around my arm, I grabbed the hand and pinned it against the person back and had my small pocket knife held against their neck.

"Yo chill Selena!" Cesar yelled out of panicked.

I quickly pulled the knife back and let go of him as he turned around and looked at me with a bit of fright in his face.

"Sorry Cesar," I replied, "But you can't sneak up on me."

"I know now!" Cesar said.

I chuckled and put my arm around his waist as he smiled and put his arm back around my neck as we continued to walk.

"So how was school? Any drama?" I asked.

"Jasmin secretly recorded me and Monse," Cesar said casually.

"I would say that child pornography but Jasmine is the same age as y'all," I replied, "You need me to do something about it?"

"Nah,"Cesar replied, "She is cool. Besides, Oscar doesn't want you doing any gang stuff."

"I know," I replied, "But the streets are talking Cesar."

"What do you mean?" Cesar asked.

But I didn't reply.

"Len-"

"Come on Cesar let's get inside," I replied sternly as I tighten my hold on him while looking at the man as he lifted his arm up to take a cigarette to lips. I watched as he inhaled that grey stench, the odor that foretold of tar-infested lungs and his future death-bed. There was something rotten in his eyes as he took each drag, as if he perversely lured on that morbid end to punish those who had caused him pain, and looking straight at the house-Oscar's house seem to have had something to do with it.

Soon Cesar was looking down at the guy I was looking at and tighten his hold around my shoulder as we both walked down the block. His head turned our direction, watching up turn to cross the street as he looked at him curiously. The look in his eyes when they landed on Cesar seemed to hold a type of curiosity. But when they landed on me, they didn't look at my eyes first-they focused up and down my body.

"Pendejo..." I thought as Cesar and I continue to just look at him while we cross the street just to see him take another drag of his cigarette- wrinkled toxic stick had a slow creeping stench as he blew his the smoke out.

As quickly as we reached the door, Cesar busted through the door and swiftly threw his backpack down.

"Hey!Hey!Hey!" Cesar yelled in a panic, "There's some dude posted up outside the house."

Soon as he said that, Oscar quickly rush to get the gun on the top of the shelf and headed outside. Cesar ran to follow him but I grabbed his arm and held him back and turned to see Oscar walking outside and down the steps but stop when he saw the same guy that was looking at Cesar and I.

Soon Cesar moved my arm to the side and rush up to his brother's side while I followed behind him.

"Oscar, who is that?" Cesar asked.

"Our father," Oscar said he answered as he turned around and walked back into the house. He stopped and looked at me and I can clearly see the discomfort in his face. Talk about family problems.

"Do you need me to come meet you later?" I asked.

"Nah," Oscar said, "I need you to stay to keep me sane from killing that bastard."

Oscar wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me close to him, ushering me back inside the house and took a seat on the couch as I took a seat beside him with Cesar following next to us.

We both turned our head towards the man who came into the house and started tapping his cigarette into a black cup and taking a drag of his cigarette.

"So," Cesar started, "When did you get out?"

"Yesterday," he answered.

"He sounded so authentically gangsta," I thought while taking glances at Oscar to see he was boiling from anger. I placed my hand on his leg and felt him tighten his grip on my side.

"Uh...how was the trip down?" Cesar asked.

"Long," he replied while looking around, "Looks the same and even smells the same."

"A man of few words,"

He lights a cigarette and frowns, looking at Oscar who was just giving him a menacing glare at him but shifted his position from the chair to move the ashtray closer to him but Ray tapped his cigarette into a small bottle cap. That irked hm as he placed his arm around the couch I was sitting and rested his hand on my shoulder.

"You in school?" Ray asked.

Cesar began to answer but Oscar interjected, "Of course he is."

"How about you?" Ray asked as he turned his attention towards Oscar, "You going to college? Did you meet your girl there?"

"Seriously?" Oscar countered.

"Did you meet her on the streets?"

"Alright," I coughed, "Mr. Diaz, nice to meet you, my name is Selena Herz, granddaughter of Valentina and the girlfriend to your eldest son. I am actually attending Law School so please don't come and assume that I am one of the broads on the street."

Ray took another drag of his cigarette and looked at me and smirked, "How you manage to get a gem such as Valentina's granddaughter is a mystery? And you can call me Ray," he replied while sending a wink my way.

"Right in front of your son...dude gross," I cringed but soon felt Oscar pull me closer to him.

"Uh...it's nice to see you. Did you have any plans?" Cesar asked as Ray shook his head.

"No, just wanted to see you guys before heading up to Bakersfield, got a job lined up," Ray says and Oscar's grip tightened around my shoulder.

Cesar cleared his throat before Oscar spoke. "Cesar, you need to get to school." His brother silently begged before Oscar gave him the silent orderly look. I hate that look on him.

"I'll see you later." Cesar told all of us.

As soon as Cesar closed the door, it was just Ray, Oscar and I. Just being here was Awkward AF.