The Hospital Girl ~ 22

Chapter 22 ~ Amy:

I woke from my blissful slumber with a smile on my face. The events from the previous day came flashing through my mind like a movie, and that made my smile widen some more. Alec was safe and well, and was now a werewolf, we were both apart of Steven’s pack, and for once everything was going to plan. So when Josh and Steven walked in with grim expressions an hour after I woke up, I felt my face fall.

“What’s wrong?” I asked my handsome mate with concerned eyes.

Josh and Steven shared a quick glace at each other, and it was my mate that spoke. “We’re going to hunt down your grandfather and kill him.”

As soon as his words were in the air, my eyes went wide with fear and I began to shake my head drastically. “No. Steven you can’t! Please don’t go!”

“I have to go Amy,” Steven began and I soon found a sudden wetness on my cheeks, and realized that I was crying. “It’s my duty as your mate to protect you. I haven’t done that. I can’t afford to lose you again.”

“You could die Steven,” I whispered gravely, the tears falling from my eyes at rapid pace.

“I know.”

I snapped my head up and looked into his emerald eyes. The green pools of mixed emotions making a small sob escape my lips. “If you know you could die Steven then why should you go?”

“If it means keeping you safe Amy, then I’d die for you.”

Another sob escaped my lips and Steven flinched at the sound of my heart shattering into thousands of pieces at the thought of him dying. “This idea is ludicrous Steven! I can’t endure the thought of losing you!”

Steven rushed from Josh's side and sat on the bed. He cradled my face in between his hands and forced me to look at him. I noticed that his eyes were slightly glassy as well. “That bastard you dare to call your grandfather hurt two people I care about, and therefore he must pay.”

More tears slipped from my eyes and Steven’s thumbs brushed them away, and as he did so a few of his own tears slid from his stunning green eyes. “This could be our last time together.”

“I know Angel Face. I know.”

Tumultuous sobs began to rack through my entire being and in the silence it was all you could hear. I felt my self being pulled into an embrace and from the electricity that was emitted from the touch, it was Steven that was holding me. When he pulled me back, I noticed that he was on his knees, one either side of my legs, and that he had silent tears streaming down his face.

“Please don’t go Steven. Please reconsider. If you died, I don’t know what I’ll do.”

He smiled sadly at me and cradled my face between his hands. “I’ll have Dad, Seth and Sebastian with me. Once we take down that villainous man, we will get the Hell out of there. Don’t worry about it Angel Face, we will all return.”

Then he kissed me. It was different this time. It was a goodbye kiss. Filled with passion, sadness and love. I could taste our salty tears in my mouth as his tongue danced with my own to the beat of our heartbeats.

When we pulled away he leant his forehead against mine and whispered so quietly that it was as if he was telling me a secret. “I love you Amy. Forever and always. In this life, and the next.”