The Hospital Girl ~ 28

Chapter 28 ~ Amy:

I began to run with a gun in my hand. The branches of the forest whipped against my pale skin with a greed for my pain. I kept running, despite the man that was chasing me. I tripped over a large branch and let out a small yelp. I struggled to my feet, but I was suddenly kicked in the back by a harsh force. I knew it was the man, and I knew I was going to die. He spun me around with his foot, and when I saw him, a gasp of terror escaped my lips.

Steven was standing above me, knife in hand, about to plunge the weapon into me. My body reacted before I could think, and a gunshot was heard and Steven’s foot left my chest as he fell backwards. He landed in a heap on the forest floor and I quickly scampered backwards, my white dress stained with my blood and his.

“You’re just like him Amy,” Steven began. Blood began to dribble down his chin and I knew that he was dying. “You’re just like your grandfather. A cold blooded bastard.”

A whimper escaped my lips and when I saw Steven’s eyes roll into the back of his head, a harsh cry rebounded off the trees in the forest. I knew that cry was my own. I killed Steven. I killed my lover. I killed my ma –

I sat upright in my hospital bed. My breaths came out in short, erratic pants. The sweat that adorned my face, dribbled down the sides and landed in my lap like raindrops. I began to touch my body, in a desperate attempt to find the gun from my dreams. When all I felt was my own body beneath the hospital gown, a small sigh of relief escaped me.

“Steven,” I whispered. It was him in the dream this time. For the past week since the funeral and my kidnapping, these nightmares have been repeating, with the same person each time. With Steven sleeping beside me in the hospital bed, the dreams have been less frequent. However, whenever they happen, they are always so vivid, so life like. Every time I awoke from my restless slumber, I had to make physical reassurances that I didn’t have the gun in my hand, and that the person I killed, was still alive. Said person would be Steven.

I glanced over at Steven and smiled softly, despite the thing that I woke up from. He has been incredible with me. After I told him about the nightmares, he has slept with me and made sure I received enough sleep to go about the next day. He’d wake up every now and again if I ever woke up from a nightmare, he’d hold me and comfort me. A lock of his dark hair had fallen in front of his face and I pushed it away gently.

There haven’t been any disturbances lately, with disturbances being attacks. Alec and I have been safe since it, and since then Alec has been practicing doing things in his wolf form. He’d come into the hospital room, excited that he learned a new move from Seamus, or if he wanted to show off his snow-white fur. Alec has been living at the Blakewoods house, and it was rather lonely when I was by myself. Even if Steven left for an hour to freshen up and change clothes, or if Josh had another patient to attend to. I still felt lonely.

I was also slowly coming to terms with killing Grandfather. If I hadn’t pulled the trigger, Michael and I would be the ones that were dead. If I didn’t pull the trigger, I would never have seen Steven again. If I didn’t pull the trigger, I would never had the chance to say that I loved him again.

A small groan brought me out of my thoughts and I saw that my hand was in Steven’s silky hair, and that his captivating eyes were fluttering open.

“Amy?” Steven began in a dazed tone that made a small giggle escape me. He sounded adorable when he woke up, albeit as I glanced at the clock on the wall, I could make out that it was almost half past two in the morning.