Chapter 38

FORTH'S POV

When I entered the classroom, Kit and Ming was seated in front of Bee.

"Uhmmm..." I hesitantly started, it got their attention.

"Can I talk to Beam...Alone, please..." I directed at Kit when I saw him ready to retort.

I sat on the chair next to Bee, I waited for him to say or do something but he did none of it. I sighed.

"I'm sorr---"

"Stop saying sorry, P'. It loses its significance the more you say it..." He cut me off.

"Bee, you know we're both at fault here. You woke up first, you could have wake me up too..." I was frustrated. If he really wanted to be early he should have woken me up or went to the university without me. He was putting all the blame on me when he was partly wrong too.

"You promised..." He whispered aloud, I can see his eyes glistening as tears starting to stream down his cheeks.

"I know, I promised you but you know I'm not used to waking up that early. You should have done your part and woke me up..." I didn't mean to like put the blame on him. I saw how pained his expression was. If earlier he was looking upset, now he looked like I said something so wrong.

"If promises are meant, they're made by both mind and heart, P'. I'm sorry I didn't do my part of reminding you to make an effort on fulfilling such silly promise and P' , if you can't keep one, let's not make any promises in the future."

After that he went out of the room, leaving me dumbfounded. He already developed a habit of walking out on me everytime we argue. The moment I went out to follow him, he wasn't there anymore. I can't help but grip my hair out of exasperation not on Bee but in this situation we are in.

As I ran through the corridors, I reached for my phone and called the only person who can help right now, P'Joss. I nearly jumped when he answered at the first ring.

"What is it this time?" I felt my soul left my body at his greeting. I'll be dead if he knew what I did. I went silent for moment.

"I don't have all the time for this, Kid. If you're going to talk to me about this morning, I'll tell you make up for it..." So he gave Beam a lift to the university earlier, yet he didn't told his P' anything.

"Its just a small misunderstanding, I didn't get to walk him to class cuz' I woke up late when I promised him, last night. But he could have woken me up. He accused me of not sparing an effort to fulfill such silly promise then he walked out on me." I tried explaining my side. I heard P'Joss sigh from the other line.

"Listen, you know how Beam is, he's smart and all but because of everything he had been through, he was deprived of his identity as well as his own life, that kid is sentimental as a person. He'll hold on everything that would come out of your mouth, even if it's the smallest ones..." I know its irrelevant that I'm feeling this in this situation but, I kinda envy P'Joss for understanding Beam so well.

"Sorry, P'..."

"Wow! Now you call me P'?!" I can see him at the back of mind, grinning out of amusement. I hissed. Then, he went silent. "Listen Forth, make up with him. He'll appreaciate you doing something for him. I gotta go now..." The call ended.

I was nearing the gates when I caught a glimpse of Bee, he was having glaring competition with one of the security guards. I saw how the guard scold him, such troublemaker. I walked towards them as I can see the older running out of patience.

"Good Morning, Mr. Jaturaphoom." The guard greeted as soon as I stood beside Bee.

"I'll take it from here, P'." I told the guard as I reached for Bee's hand. He threw me a glare and if looks could kill, his stare can send me to the lowest pits of hell.

I tugged on his hand, encouraging him to walk by my side to which he followed. I walked slower than my usual pace, afraid ne might stumble as he was striding with his head down. I guided him towards the cafeteria of his faculty. Students are scattered eveywhere inside the campus despite the cancellation of classes due to strict policy noone is allowed to exit school premises until the end of class hours except when there's emergency.

"I don't like it here..." He whispered. I stopped on my track and faced him.

"Oh okay..." I mumbled ushering him to the exit and walking towards the Engineering faculty where the headquarter is.

It's a long walk with a deafening silence.

I opened the door for him and we went inside. I forgot about the other hazers, I'll be in so much trouble for skipping my early subjects.

"Nong Beam!!" Sharp, Out of all the idiots was the one left inside.
Beam gave him a smile but it didn't reach his eyes.

"You better be quiet, Ai'Sharp..." I warned him. I know he would understand such short and simple message, which means no noise and no informing other hazers that I'm in the quarters with Beam.

We went in one of the small rooms, intended for resting during our activities. He sat down on the bed, he looked so tired.

"You can rest if you want, I'll be outside..." I told him.

"S-stay, P..." He answered. He tapped the space beside him.

We were silent the wholetime. I can see his eyes getting drowsy so I decided to lay down, gently pulling him with me. We were snuggled closely because the bed is so small.

No words went out of our mouth, we were just listening to each other's breathing. He moved to face me, draping his arm on my waist. It took a moment until I realized he was asleep.

I decided to have a nap but before I was completely drowned into my dreamland and was barely concious, I heard him mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Forthy..."