Chapter 5

Forth's POV

I don't know what had to gotten to my dearest parents but they seem so serious about meeting 'that' kid. So, here I am, inside my car at front of the café waiting for Mr. Baker to arrive. But hell, it's been two hours, my seat is already warming up. What kind of worker is he?!

Then it came to me. Why am I waiting here in front when there is a backdoor  in the establishment. I went out of the car and started walking towards the café's entrance. Entering, I'm not surprise to see my cousin serving costumers. But, when did this idiot applied to be a worker here? I roamed my eyes around the room, only to see Kit taking orders while the granny is at the counter. Curiousity got me where is that 'kid'.

I settled my self at a corner not far from the counter and saw Ming and Kit approaching the café owner with their worried look.

"Beamie?" Kit asked.

The said grandma shook her head.

"I wonder what happened. He was never late before in fact he was always the first arrive and open." I faintly heard Grandma's words. Then out of the blue, my cousin grinned.

Kit rewarded him a glare. "What are you thinking?"

"Didn't you mention the other day that yesterday's N'Beam's Birthday?" He mumbled playfully.

"Maybe, he got drunk or laid?" He added earning a perfect smack on the shoulder.

Grandma then, "No, that is impossible that kid does not even have a time for himself, all he cared about is supporting the orphanage."

"Oh no! No! Granny, Beamie baked a cake yesterday and kept in the fridge only to be given to the Jaturapoom's bastard heir." Kit's outburst hit me hard. "Sh--" Ming was cut off by the opening of the kitchen door showing a very pale boy they called Beamie. He got a bandage on his elbow.

"Granny, I'm so sorr--" Beamie was cut by Kit's hug.

"You're burning. You should have rest yourself. What happened?" Kit asked pointing the baker's wrapped elbow. "It's nothing really, just a small bruised." He just smiled.

Beamie moved his eyes, scanning the room. Then, he caught a sight of me but he awkwardly avoided my gaze. What the!? Kit noticed that and followed the other's line of sight.

The Kitty then became a tiger, storming towards my direction.

"What are you doing here?! Didn't I told not to show your face to my friend!?" Kit shouted in an almost whispering manner making sure not to gain audience.

I stood and calmly said what I have to, "I'm here to say my sorry to Beamie." I glanced at him. Is he really not that well? His face is so pale like he ran out of blood.

"You got the g--" He was cut off by a hand on his wrist. It was Ming. He whispered something to Kit. "If he offend Beam again, I'll castrate him." He whispered back before making his way to Beamie.

"Uhmm..Beamie, that jerk there wants to talk to you.." Beam flinched the moment Kit mention the word 'jerk'. Making me and Ming chuckle.

Beamie made his way towards me. Ming leaned closed to my ear and playfully whispered, "You're ears are red! Best of luck, Cuz!"

Beamie awkwardly stood in front of me, while staring at the floor like it was the most interesting thing at the moment. "Uhm..I'm sorry for my mistake yesterday.." He suddenly mumbled. His voice shouts sincerity. How can he do that kind of apology for an nonexisting mistake?

"No, Uhmm--" "Beam, my name is Beam.." He said interrupting me.

"Beam, I'm Forth and I just wanna say my sorry. Me taking out my frustration on you, yesterday, was not really good for a first impression." Wow! What impression am I talking about? I sounded like desperate suitor.

"It's okay. You're forgiven. Just forget about that." He the flashed his smile.
That's it? He is so I can't describe. Oh yeah.

Is he that innocent?

Then, I remembered, "And, one more thing my parents wanted to meet the baker of the cake which I strongly believe is you. Right?" His eyes widen and I got to admit he is pretty cute.

"Did the cake tasted bad?" He worriedly asked.

"Are you kidding me that cake wasn't anything near bad?! It was even better than those of five star restaurants." There is it again. Me embarassing myself. I saw him blushed.

"Oh! Okay.." He agreed. He trusted me so fast.

"Are you free now?" I asked.

"I'll ask Granny.." He was about to turn around when Grandma approached us,  "It's okay, Beamie." She said patting Beam's cheek before facing me. "I heard from Kit but if Beam forgave you were good. Do me a favor, give Beam a ride home." I nodded.

"Let's go?" I asked him to follow me.

*Airlizaif's Note

Sorry for the late updates. I made this chapter yesterday forgetting that today is our last chance to defend our research before the forum. Also, I'm a master of procastination...