Beam's Life

After leaving the café, Beam walked without minding his surrounding. He was so lost in his thoughts. Admitting to himself that he is affected by the other male's words. The usual joyful aura was nowhere to be found. Gone is the Beam who smiles to everyone he encounter on the sidewalks. He was walking with his head down and hands gripping the straps of his worn out sling bag.

Crossing the street, Beam did not notice a car was fast approaching. He heard the honking of horns followed by the screeching of the wheels. He was  a perfect example of a deer caught on the headlights. The blinding flash of light was the last thing he saw before losing his consciousness.

Time Skip

Beam woked up with his body aching so bad that all he wanted was to stay down.

A nurse saw him and immediately paid him attention. "Sir, I suggest you rest for a while. You were brought here, unconscious due to the shock of being nearly hit by a car." But Beam being himself abruptly tried to stand up but immediately winced at the pain he felt on his elbow.

"I have to go. I don't want to waste money by staying here. Please, I have to work." He pleaded, the nurse look at him with pity and just sighed.

He was asked to sign some papers and was informed that the owner of the car paid his expenses to compensate for the inconvenience. He was also given medicines such as painkillers for his scraped elbow as well as ointments.

Beam hurriedly left the hospital. He found himself walking home. He felt his stomach grumbled but tried to ignore it. Thinking that he had some left overs to eat when he reach his room.

Opening the door of his place, he was welcomed by darkness. He was feeling his way to his table to light a candle. For the first time, he felt alone. That only the dim light was there to comfort him.

He opened the box where he had kept his bread and water, the only food he could have to feed his growling stomach. He then took a quick bath and changed into his ragged shirt and pajama.

Finally, he rested his head against the pillow. Staring at the ceiling, he was struck by sudden realisations.

"Maybe, they didn't love me enough to keep me with them."

"Am I not important?"

"When will I be happy?"

"Maybe, his parents taught him well"

With that, closed his eyes, letting his tears stream down his pale face as he lull his self  to sleep.