Chapter 25

"P', is it always like this?" Beam curiously asked, roaming his eyes on his surroundings.

"What do you mean?" Forth countered, not halting from his walk.

"This. I mean, you told me it's a sports day but the students are more interested in whatever in the kiosks instead of cheering for their faculties." Beam voicing out his observation and confusion.

Forth stopped on his track and faced the shorter guy, tilting his head.

"Never mind, P'." Beam claimed when the older guy seems to ask for further explanation.

'Mood swings' Forth muttered.

"Are say something, P'?" He was surprised that his quiet murmur did not go unheard.

"Nothing." He retorted, fast.

Beam went on checking booths that may catch his interest while Forth follow slightly behind him or sometimes by his side. The aspiring doctor was busy looking into the displays and stuff the stall when Forth felt his phone vibrates inside his pocket. He probed it out, unlocking revealing the notification he received. It was from the Handsome Hazers' Group Chat specifically Lam.

'Ai'Forth!! Where are you?! We need you here! Ai'Idiot Sharp can't play because of his stupid diarrhea.'

Forth frustratedly sighed. He promised Beam he would accompany him throughout the day of the event and these so-called friend of his are being a pain in the butt.@

"Bee!" He called the pale guy's attention not sure how to break the news when he was answered with a hum.

"Want to watch the basketball game?" Forth hesitantly invited.

"Finally! You thought of something with sense." Beam exclaimed like it was the most delightful news he had ever heard.

"Lead the way, P'." He eagerly urged Forth to bring him to the gymnasium where the event will be carried. But the former seems to freeze, stunned by Beam's reaction.

"What's the matter, P'?" Beam asked, worried.

"I'll be playing for my faculty." Forth tried to hide the guilt in his voice but failed.

Beam tilted his head, trying to comprehend what was wrong.

"Then? What's wrong with you playing for your faculty?" Forth was relieved that the smaller guy did not make it a big deal. Still, he reminded Beam of his words.

"I told you that I'll be by your side throughout the day, Bee."

Beam chuckled, "That got you worried? It's okay, P'. At least, I got to see you get bullied on the court." The younger announced while seemingly imagining his thought a letting out a burst of playful laughter.

"We'll see. You'll stay on the bench with Ai'Sharp. If he bothers you just smack his brainless head." Forth cooly stated as they enter the now crowded and noisy gymnasium.

Once the public noticed the head hazer's presence, they were silenced as they were confused. Everyone knew that Forth won't be playing for the Engineering team, today. Whispers and confusion filled the atmosphere.

'Maybe, he'll just watch.'

'Look, he is with that guy again.'

'This is gonna be great!'

'Yeah, College of Engineering VS. the College of Medicine.'

  He led Beam to the bench where his fellow players are staying. As they near the area, Forth instantly noticed the taunting grins and smirk on his co-hazers' faces.

" Good to see you again, N'Beam!" Lam greeted while wiggling his eyebrows at Forth.

Beam just smiled and nod shyly.

"I'll just go change." Forth told Beam, leaning to face the latter, patting his head slightly before giving him his sling bag.

The younger felt his cheeks heat up as red dust covered it. He took sat on the bench beside Sharp. Feeling the stares, he looked up and saw Lam and the other players gaping at him.

"N'Beam, are you Forth's...." Lam said doubting wether he should complete his sentence or not when he saw how serious Beam was while waiting for his query.

"Never mind." He stopped and scratch his head, awkwardly.

"What is it, P'?" Beam asked.

"Nothing Reall---" Lam was interrupted by a guy's voice.

"It's you!"

In the exact moment, Forth came out in his jersey uniform, confused.

"What do you imply, Pha?" Forth asked while walking towards Beam checking the bandage on the latter's hand.

Airliziaf's Note

Super Late Update✌