Chapter 18

After an hour inside the testing room, Beam finished the examination. He was getting drowsy on repetitively reviewing his answers. He raised his right hand to get the attention of the proctor.

The examiner noticed him and asked, "What do you need?" By the behavior of the person, he assumed Forth didn't tell who he is which he is grateful for. He wanted a fair and peaceful life and he doesn't need people leeching over him just because of the wealth that is not his own. Despite having the assurance of a bright future brought by his name, Beam told himself never to depend on it.

"Excuse me, Ma'am but I'm done. Can I go out now?" He shyly inquired. The lady glanced at the wall clock and back to Beam. Her face was sporting a poker face yet her frown in confusion was still evident.

"Well then, you may leave." She said not entirely sure if the boy was serious.

The test is supposed to be answered in three hours but to the proctor's surprise, Beam wrapped it up in one.

Beam opened the door and found Forth sitting on his former seat with his eyes closed. He chose to not wake the other and sat down beside him but Forth must have noticed his presence.

"Why are you here?" Forth asked the younger, bewildered that the lad is beside him and not inside the testing room.

Beam awkwardly scratches his nape, "It was boring inside and I felt sleep--" Forth cut him off. "Beam, you can't just take off from there because you're bored." The older scolded, heaving the smaller guy back to the testing room.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, for this guy's stubbornness. He's here to continue the test." He appealed to the assigned person.

"What is there to continue, Mr. Jaturapoom? I checked. He is done with the test." She informed.

"See?! I told you!" Beam hysterically whined to Forth.

"Thank you, Ma'am. I apologize for the inconvenience." The tall guy meant and again he was dragging the little guy to what seems to be behind the Main Building.

"What did you do? Tell me, did you even took the test seriously? Or you were enjoying playing the guessing game while singing nursery rhymes inside that head of yours?" He snapped, glaring at Beam who was at the time staring at his now, red wrist. Upon seeing it, Forth got worried. He moves near the younger but the other flinch. That simple action of Beam made Forth's heart constrict. He caught Beam wiping his sudden tears away, his button nose had turned red, he sniffed, silently.

It was new to the pale lad. No one had ever scolded him before. He knew to himself that he is not what they call 'snowflakes' but he can't decipher why Forth of all people affected him the most. He caressed his wrist, Forth grip caused it to turn red and hurt a little.

"Bee, sorry..I--." Forth whispered, he felt like a total jerk. He was trying to envelop Beam in his arms but the other was struggling to get free.

"Bee, listen--"

"Don't call me that! I don't even know who is that!" He disagrees to Forth's endearment halting Forth.

"Beam..." It's the only word that came out of the tanned man's lips.

"You think I didn't take the test seriously? Sorry to pop your balloon. I may be new to everything but I'm not stupid. I wished for this. I would even die for it. If you don't have trust or faith in me then don't. I don't need someone who looks down on me. I have enough of that in my entire life." Beam spat every word with emphasis. He stood and ran leaving a stunned Forth.

Forth never meant to hurt Beam. He was just worried. Beam's emotions are fragile.

The moment Forth came back to his senses, the other guy is not in the scene, anymore. He looked around the place. He will surely be reprimanded by his parents if he can't find Beam. No one knows Beam's identity yet, but they can't deny the possibility of having moles and loopholes. The safety of the baker is at risk.

Forth grip his hair in frustration. He never been in a situation like this. He was always so confident of the things he does but Beam is different. He is a closed book for Forth, mysterious and unusual.

Beam walked around. He doesn't know where he is but he continued to roam around. He wiped the tears that stream down his face. His cheeks are now red.
He really can't fathom why Forth seems to misunderstand him. The test wasn't really something that he would squeeze his brain for.

Students passing by are looking in his direction and whisper to each other to which he got conscious. Despite having few people around him, he can hear their murmurs and giggles. It's not vacant time so only those who are free at the cafeteria.

He found an unoccupied spot at one of the tables. The chattering intensifies when he sat. Beam looked around and caught someone taking a photo of him.

'Is he trying to kill himself?'

'Poor guy!'

'Hoping that none of the hazers will see him.'

'Oh no! Someone already posted on the forum.'

'He is cute. Such a pity!'

Beam doesn't understand but he is certain that he is the subject of their constant prattle. He chose to ignore and focus on his attention on his fingers as if it were the most interesting at the moment.

Suddenly, gasped can be heard and the entire place turned silent.

'Shia!'

'Oh no!'

'I'll pray for him.'

'I'm going to kill the one who posted at the forum!'

Beam felt a presence hovering behind him but did not dare to look back. Then a hand landed on his shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked.

*Airliziaf's Note

😇Keep Safe! Thank you!😅