Chapter 29

FORTH'S POV

I ran out of the diner, ignoring my teammates questioning look. There was no problem leaving them there because Phana's team will be handling the bills.

Ming sent the location of the convenience store, it was a 15 minute walk from the bistro but it's night time and the temperature had gone down. I'm sure Beam walk his way there because he has nothing but his phone with him. Is he even thinking?!

I jogged my way to the said place.  This Joss person is making me curious and furious. First, Bee said he was his favorite P', and now, he came to him.

I saw my cousin talking to a storekeeper whom I assumed as Joss. The moment Mingkwan saw me, I can tell that he was thinking about something with that strange gaze h is giving me .

"He's here, P'." I heard Ming telling the staff and he was about to tell me something but was cut off.

"P'Forth didn't you used your --"

He was cut off by Joss.

"You're Forth? We need to talk." He told me straight the instant I stood in front of them, not to mention he was sternly looking at me.

I nodded shortly before glancing at Ming.

"Can you wake---" Joss raised his palm, halting whatever I'm about to say. What is wrong with this guy? Why can't he let us finish our sentences?

"No need. He came here to wait for my shift to be over so he could spend the night at MY PLACE."  He spat that, obviously putting emphasis on the last phrase like I wouldn't get it if he won't.

Nonetheless, Ming left and sat near Beam's table. I was left with this freaking Joss whose trying hard to be intimidating.

I followed him outside the store, on a bench.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I blankly stated, showing zero interest of conversing with him.

His forehead furrows, as I can feel that he was excluding this weird feeling.

"So, let me get this straight. If you're hanging out with Beam, just because you're Mom told you to do so, we'll don't. Beam has issues when it comes to being a burden to anybody."

"What do you mean?" I directed my gaze at him, intending to have an eye contact but he beat me to it. He was already shooting daggers at me.

"I don't know. You tell me. I don't know why he came here, crying. Mumbling about being a burden to his newly found family, asking if he should just be gone, again."

I don't know what to say. I can't think of anything at the moment. Remembering, everytime that I was with Beam these days.

"He was doing fine. All this time, he was with us and he was all smiles" My voice was at the verge of breaking, as I swallow the lump on my throat.

"Because he thought it was out of your own will, only to find out you're just being an obedient son. He thought he was holding you back from the things you enjoyed."

Realization caught me like a deer in the headlight. I paused for a while and thought about what happened earlier.

'Forth's on baby sitting duties'

'Mom would probably kill me if I leave Beam'

He heard all of it that why he left. Beam was at it, again, overthinking and misunderstanding things. I covered my face with my palms, mentally cursing my self for being reckless and insensitive.

'Joss, your shift is over!' A co-worker of Joss, yell from the inside of the mart.

He glanced at me.

"Just so you know, I'm not mad. I just want to tell you and don't worry about Beam. I'll talk to him." He told me, faintly smiling. He's not mad? What was that a guilt trip?

He was about to turn around and get back inside,

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I love Beam that is why." He answered not turning back to face me. I felt something inside me snapped.

Just as I was going to say something Beam went rushing through the door directly to Joss, lacing his arms around the latter's waist. Beam then let go and grinned at Joss saying something I can't hear but from what I understand he was telling Joss he got his bag.

I just stood there, watching the interaction between the two. Beam didn't notice my presence as he dragged Joss towards a motorcycle.

It hurts to see the closeness that they have. I surely admit to myself that I am beginning to be envious of it.

Airliziaf's Note

Me as a reader: I hate late updates.😑

Also me: Gosh, what a hypocrite😅

Anyways, thank you for waiting. Keep safe.💝