Chapter 49

Third Person POV

The clinging sound of wind chimes hooked by the door didn't go unheard as two young individuals went in. It was a busy hour for the cafe. Beam sneakily went around the counter to assist the elder woman, leaving Forth to find a comfortable spot. Grandma was at first surprised seeing the boy however sparing a glance around the corner of her shop, she realized Beam is not alone.

"It's really great that you have visited, Beamie." Mrs. Wong stated holding both of Beam's hands.

Beam gave her a faint smile, " It's been awhile since I was here, Grandma. Is everything going great, here?" The cafe owner could not help but return Beam's genuine concern with a nod, smiling.

"Now, why don't you go accompany, Mr. Jaturaphoom..." Grandma suggested as share at Forth's direction. The latter was looking lost, alone in his table stealing glances of the people behind the counter. Beam just shook his head, a little bit, before facing Mrs. Wong. "I'm here to visit you, Grandma. Infact, we can't stay that long because Pops wants us to be home before dinner. Another, just call him Forth na.." The elder understood and let the young man do whatever he wants to. She is really happy seeing him enjoy his new life and gets everything he deserved.

Meanwhile, Forth can't help but be amused just by watching Beam who is focused on acquiring orders from the costumers. Time flew really fast and it was time for them to go home. He never knew that sitting there and only observing his surroundings for about two hours will be that entertaining. Well, maybe if there's Beam, everything isn't boring.

The young Jaturaphoom watch the other man bid his goodbyes to everyone in the cafe before walking to where he is.

BEAM'S POV

The house was unusually quite making me feel a bit weary. I went for the stairs and into my room to freshen up. I know that P' Forth will be doing the same as we both were busy earlier. I settled for a white shirt and a black pants.

After awhile, I heard a knock at my door. " Bee, are you done?". It was P'Forth. I stood up from my bed and went straight out of the room, following him in the dining hall. I saw Pops seated at one end of the table while Mae and Por sat beside each other. So, I guess, P'Forth and I have to seat across them.

I spare a glance at Grandpa, he smiled faintly. Something is definitely wrong, here.

" Let us eat." Pops said. The helpers served us our meal and everyone just started eating. Well, except me. I can only hear their utensils clanking against their plates. P'Forth doesn't seem to be aware of the weird atmosphere.

"Is something wrong?". I asked, out of the blue. I can't take it anymore. All their attention was at me but no one opened their mouth to say something.

Pops only said,"Eat for now, I'll tell you later." His tone confused me, I felt my forehead creased. But, I didn't say anything. I lost my appetite and just played with the spoon.

They were all done. The helpers gathered the dishes m, clearing the table. I stayed silent. I was waiting for them to start conversing, my grandfather specifically.

I saw Forth from my peripheral view, looking confused, well, I get that he doesn't have a bit of thought about the subject matter for tonight.

Pops, straightened his back to his seat, placing his hands together at the top of the table. He stared at nothing. His eyes are directed to the other end of the table. I heard him cleared his throat, "I'm leaving the day after tomorrow." He lowly uttered, hesitantly sparing a glance at me.

I was shocked, was feeling somewhat disappointed. I thought he'll stay with us longer. I felt my eyes sting but I don't want to Pops to see me shed a tear. So, I just stood up and went to hug him. "It's all good, Grandpa. Just keep safe, there." I felt him tapped my back. Maybe, it wasn't the reaction he was expecting to see from me. Well, I know he won't leave unless it's really urgent and important.

"Forth,..." Grandpa called.

Forth just rolled his eyes. Sometimes, I don't really get what is with these two. They're like cat and dog.

"Take care---"

"Of course, Pops, I'll take of Bee even if you don't tell me too..." Forth stated approaching me who just stood in front of Grandpa.

" If you say so, I'll see one scratch on my grandson, and I'm bringing him with me the next time..," We chuckled at that. We all know that grandpa was just taunting Forth. But, my dearest head hazer is currently on a kindergarten mode, so childish.

"I'm serious..." Grandpa added.

Forth just stuck his tongue out and left the dining room. We were laughing because of his antics.

I hugged grandpa for the second time before leaving to look for my baby.

I miss playing with Kitten. 🥺