Chapter 10

It was already dark when they reached the Jaturapoom residence. The lights inside were all out leaving the lamp post and the moonlight to be the only source of light. When Forth pulled over, a guard walked towards them,

"Sir, let me park your car inside the garage." He offered. Forth gave him the key before grabbing Beam's bag at the backseat. He got out of the car with bag laced on his shoulder and walked to the other side to open the door for Beam.

"Thank you, P'Kang." He thanked the elder and turned to Beam. "Follow me." He command the younger man.

They walked upstairs following closely behind Forth. He can't help but admire the place. It was screaming that this is not just a house, it is a HOME. Pictures of members hanged on the walls, even the old ones aren't kept but displayed. Some were those of Forth's childhood.

But one stood out, Beam was sure it wasn't the tanned man's photo as an infant. His forehead creased as he felt lightheaded. He took a one last glance of the photo before following Forth inside the room which he assumed were he will stay the night.

"This will be your room and mine's just across this one so don't hesitate to knock if you need something. About your stay here, we'll talk tomorrow." Beam can only nod. He felt so exhausted to even argue with the other person.

"Goo---"  He was about to leave when the baker's stomach grumbled. He looked back only to see the pale face turn red out of embarassment.

"I-I'm s-sorry. I haven'teatenanythingsincethisafternoon." Beam mumbled as fast as he can hoping that the young Jaturapoom won't be able to decipher what he said.
His eyes widened when he got the opposite of the response hoping to receive.

"Leave your things there and follow me." Forth tried to composed himself. He was controlling his hands not to pinch Beam's cheeks. He hid his laughter to himself.

Again, Beam shyly followed Forth downstairs and inside the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat?" The taller man asked.

"I-I'll just have some bread and water. I don't want to bother you further I know you're tired." He stated making Forth frown but he did not argue anymore.

He open the fridge and saw the cake he grabbed the other day. He laid to plates on the table. Instead of water he served a glass of  milk to Beam. He placed the cake in front of them.

"Beam, I know I don't have a good first  impression on you but to let you know I'm sincerely sorry about that day." He apologetically smiled.

Beam smiled faintly and nodded. "It's okay, Forth. I know you didn't mean it."

Forth can only sigh, "If you don't mind me asking.." Beam nodded.

"This cake for whom did you baked this for..." Forth continued his sentence and waited for Beam's reply.

Beam looked at him, "It was for myself. My birthday." He answered with calmness.

"NOW I FELT LIKE A TOTAL JERK!" Forth exclaimed. He can't believe he just ruined someone's special day while Beam can only chuckle because of his sudden reaction.

"Seriously, Forth, it's okay!" He was trying to hide his laughter.  For the pale boy it was not of big deal. He was used to not celebrating his special day.

Forth was feeling bad but then seeing Beam's laugh made him calm. He felt comfortable and free. He felt himself, just Forth.

"Let me make it up to you!" He told Beam. Beam was shocked but then anticipated for what the other guy would do.

"Close your eyes!" Beam chuckled but then obeyed.

The sound of cabinet doors can be heard as Forth tried to find a candle and lighter.

"Happy Birthday to you~~" Forth started to sing. He stood behind the smaller guy.

"Open your eyes!" Beam opened his eyes. He got teary-eyed. It was simple but he can't help to be touched by the gesture. It was the first time that someone other than Ms. Melody had made him feel valued.

"Blow your candle now" Forth encouraged him but instead of doing so, he faced the person behind him. He buried his face on the other's chest. Forth was taken aback for a moment. He the embraced the younger one.

"Hey, blow your candle before it totally melt."

"Thank you so much, P'Forth." He teasingly told the other guy who is in fact older than him. Beam earned himself a pinch on the side.

The two was oblivious of the time. They enjoyed each other's company. In the shortest span of time Forth found comfort from a person he just knew the other day. A person who was not part of his family. He felt warm having Beam around.

On the other side, Beam was filled with confusion. He started to question his whole existence. He felt thrilled of what tomorrow may offer now that he may have the key to unlock his past. But nonetheless he knew he is gonna be fine.