Chapter 28

BEAM'S POV

As I stepped outside of the diner, I realized that it was near the convenience store where P'Joss is working.

P'Joss is one of my favorite people. I was close to him as we grow up together in the orphanage and he is like a brother to me. He said that he would never get tired of listening to my stories and worries. I was very happy when I met him here, I thought that at least I have someone I really know.

I don't really know what happened to me but I just felt the need to let P'Forth spend time with his friends without me tagging along and being a burden which is what I have been these past days. Earlier, I saw how he got teased of having to take care of me and how his expressions show his dislike. After all, he was just doing what his mom says.

I walked inside the mart making my way to the counter.

"P'...." I called him. He was busy organizing the boxes on a shelf but turned around as soon as he heard me.

He looked at me with worry. "Hey, what happened?"

I just shook my head to say that there was none but P'Joss known better.

"You wouldn't be like this if there is none. Now, tell me.." I looked down as I felt my eyes sting because of the tears that are threatening to fall. My shoulder shook as I suppressed my sobs.

He led me to a table in the far corner beside the door to their staff room. P'Joss told me to wait that he would just ask his coworker for a break.

P'Joss sat on the opposite me so that he'll be facing me.

"What happened..." He asked while reaching for my hand like he always does to comfort me.

"P', I found family but I'm a becoming a weight to them. Should I be gone, again..." I managed to let out without my voice cracking.

I saw how stunned P'Joss was, his jaw drop but he was able to smile, softly.

"Did they tell you that?" He asked and I just shook my head as an answer. "Then, how can you say that..."

I looked up to P'Joss, he wiped my tears.

"Stop crying you look awful." He teased as he stood up, vacating the seat he was occupying to transfer beside me.

"P'Forth said he was just doing what his mom said." I said, sighing.

P'Joss went silent so I lifted my line of sight only to see him raising an eyebrow while eyeing me. Then, he busted out laughing.

"P'!!" I snapped wondering why he was laughing.

He tried to stop laughing but he just can't,

"Are you sure that being a burden is your problem or the fact that this Forth said that he was hanging out with you just because he was told to do so?" I was stunned, my forehead crease out of confusion.

"Cuz' it seems to me that you are more upset that you're P'Forth is not hanging out with you out of  his willingness." There it is again. His mischievous smirk, it's like he knew something I don't.

"What do you mean, P'?" He just shook his head, ignoring my question.

"It's nothing you should be worried about. By the way, how long have you known them..." He asked trying to change the subject of our exchange.

I sighed. It's making my head hurt.

"A week?" I answered, not entirely sure.

P'Joss pat my head, he then wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"You'll be fine." He assured me.

"Can I stay at your place, tonight P'?" I shyly asked even though I have been there for lots of time.

"Of course, your P'Luke would be happy." He smiled while getting ready to get back on his shift. His break is almost over.

P'Luke is P'Joss' boyfriend and they're living together. He is so funny and just like his lover, I can feel that he really cares for me. He treats me as a little brother.

When I was alone in the table, exhaustion took over and I never felt this tired before. I decided to take a nap while waiting. Their manager won't mind, I slept here like twice, already.😅

3RD POV

Mingkwan was surprised to see Beam sleeping inside a convenience store. He wondered why the younger wasn't with his cousin.

He approaches the person behind the counter to inquire about Beam.

"Excuse me, P'. By any chance, you know that person over there.." He hesitantly asked, not sure if he chose the right words.

"Are you Forth?" The man straightforwardly countered.

"N-no, P'. I'm his cousin. May I know your name? I'll inform P'Forth."

Joss sighed.

"Beam came here because he was stressed. I never know he was that emotionally drained that he just slept there." Joss told Mingkwan trying to emphasize that Beam is not fine.

Mingkwan nodded, pulling his phone out of his jacket's pocket and sent a message to Forth's contact number.

P', where are you? Did you Fight with N'Beam?'

Upon reading, Forth stood up cursing himself while reaching his cousin's contract number.

"Where are you going?" Phana asked.

"Home."

Good thing, his cousin answered, immediately.

"What do you mean by that message?" He straightforwardly asked without any greetings.

'I just saw him here, P'. At the convenience store, he is sleeping. P'Joss said he was stressed and needed a place to stay. So he waited until P'Joss shift is over.'

Moments later Forth was catching his breath, sweat dripping from his forehead.

He saw his cousin talking to a storekeeper whom he assumed as Joss. The moment Mingkwan saw him, he was bewildered why was his cousin sweating so hard when he has a car.

"He's here, P'." Mingkwan told the other guy.

"P'Forth didn't you used your --"

He was cut off by Joss.

"You're Forth? We need to talk."

Airliziaf's Note

Good luck Forth!!

😁😁😁