Chapter 12

"I thought you drove him to his place, last night." His father inquired.

"I did but if you were there, you would have done the same. His place stood in the slums and it wasn't comfortable. I can't let him stay there so I decided to bring him back here." Forth explained.

"We'll talk again, later. Right now, I want to see Beam. Call him, son. We'll wait in the dining area." The matriarch suggested to which Forth complied.

*
Beam was grateful for the hospitality expressed to him by the family's only heir. He decided to prepare breakfast for the household to at least compensate for the kindness bestowed to himself.

Down came the heads of the family and Beam finished his work, preparing everything he cooked and arranged the plates and utensils before leading himself to the kitchen where the others stayed.

The pair settled on their respective seats and waited for their sons coming. They consider Beam their own as his family was a special part of their's.

Hearing footsteps from the stairs, the couple looked at that direction.

"He isn't there anymore." Forth notified his parents with his dim expression.

His mother's face saddened, "Did he leave already?" She asked facing her husband.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. If you were referring to the young man who came with Sir Forth yesterday, he is with the other helper." Kang, the family's most trusted staff informed which made the household sigh in relief.

"Can you call him to join us for the breakfast?" The patriarch requested which the helper willingly fulfilled.

Forth took a seat and waited for Beam, before starting the meal.

Beam shyly entered the dining room. Then, he greeted everyone, bowing his head to show his appreciation.

"Join us, son. We have a lot to discuss." Mr. Jaturapoom urged him to take a seat beside his son.

When everyone started eating, Beam noticed that all the servers are present on the table. He admired the humility of the family.

"I see no one new. Why the sudden change of course for breakfast, P'Helen?" Forth raised a question referring to the foods laid on the table.

"Oh, Sir Beam insisted preparing breakfast for everyone. He was particularly good at it." The older lady countered, proudly. Beam's cheeks instantly colored at the compliment.

When the meal was almost over, "Son, do you have classes today?" Forth's mother inquired.

"In the afternoon, Mae, after that there's only SOTUS activities."

"How about you, Beam?" The mother asked.

"I'll be going back to the café, Ma'am." He shyly responded.

"We wanted to talk to about something very important. I'll be waiting in my office." Forth's father notified.

Beam looked at Forth with worry. He was fidgeting a bit due to nervousness but the other male just smile at him saying, "Don't worry it's something great." Forth assured.

He followed Forth upstairs. Beam can feel his palm sweating, cold. The tanned man lead him inside a room, which he assumed the patriarch was referring to.

Beam and Forth settled on a two-seater couch opposite to Mr. and Mrs. Jaturapoom.

"I know you're probably confused right now and a lot of things happened considering we just met yesterday. But we're hoping that you'll understand what we are about to tell you." Mr. Jaturapoom started.

"Yesterday, when I saw you. I really told myself that at last we found you. We wanted to welcome you home after a decade of separation." Marla started.

"What do you mean, Ma'am?" Beam asked as if begging for answers as he looked the couple intently.

And so Marla proceeded on her story, " Our family has close ties. You parents and us are like siblings. But then being able to top in the business world came the rivals. You were so little then, Beam, so cute and fragile."

The mother reached for Beam's hand and caressed it softly before continuing,

"Your family was blessed but their feet remained on the ground, such humble people. A lot envies them but never did we expect that they'll go beyond extreme. You and your parents were involved in a car accident. Only you survived, little one, you're a miracle. But, later, it was discovered through the investigation that it was plotted. You are the only one left for your maternal grandfather. He was afraid that he'll lose you too so he made a crucial decision of entrusting your safety to his most trusted staff. He planned on raising you on the countryside, away from any harm that this chaotic world may inflect on you. It didn't last long though, you being alive was discovered by the culprits of your parent's murder and only the casever of your guardian was found. Yesterday, we came to know that you grew up in an orphanage under Melody's care. She is the sister of your guardian. We were so delighted, Beam." Marla tearfully ended her statement with Beam silently sobbing.

All this years, he thought he was abandoned and unwanted.

"Here.." Forth offered him tissue while softly patting his back.

"Take a look at this, " Mr. Jaturapoom told him reaching out his hands with a photo album.

Opening the photo album, Beam's vision became even more blurry with tears pooling his eyes and streaming down his face.

"These are your parents and that is you, " Marla said, pointing on the pictures.

"Why do I have to take after my mother, I'm a guy!?" Beam tried to crack a joke with his voice breaking because of crying. His little act made the family chuckle.

"Yeah, you're too beautiful for a guy.." Forth mumbled to himself but was heard by everybody in the room.

Beam's cheeks can't be redder than it is already.

Then a question popped into the younger's mind,

"Why can't I remember?"