Chapter 6

The ride to the Jaturaphoom's was covered with comfortable stillness. Forth can't help but steal glances to the other guy thinking it wasn't obvious until,

"Do I have something on my face?" A question that Beam asked quietly.

"What?-No!" Forth was so oblivious that his panicking lit up the face of the pale boy. "Then, why do you keep on staring at me?" Beam questioned again.

"I was just wondering, how are you feeling?" He retorted trying to change the topic which made the baker smile sadly, "Forth?"

"Hmmm?" Forth hummed as he focused on the road."Can you keep a secret? I know it's kinda abrupt but I have no one to tell this." Beam's statement made Forth froze in confusion.

"Why me?" He asked throwing a short gaze at Beam.

"I just feel like I could trust you. Back in the orphanage, if something is bothering me I could always talk and have Ms. Melody to comfort me. Now, I don't want to become more of a burden to Granny and Kit for I am already troubled to start with. I feel restless lying to them." He admitted. Forth frowned. How can he trust me when it was just yesterday that I spat idiotic words at him?

"Tell me..." Forth murmured while moving his car on the side of the street.
He heard a long sigh coming from the other person in the car.

"I don't want Granny and Kit to worry about me so I lied about being alright. Yesterday, when I left the café I was preoccupied with a lot of things. I forced myself to walk despite feeling lightheaded. I was crossing the street when a car came rushing to my direction and that was the last thing I remembered. The nurse told me I passed out before the car hit me due to the shock." Forth was listening intently for he knew that he was one of the reasons why the other was conflicted. He felt a pang of guilt taking over his system.

Looking at Beam, Forth wondered why his parents want to meet Beam but he knew that whatever the reason will be it can help the boy.

Beam's eyes glistened with the tears he was holding back. His pale cheeks turned pinkish highlighting his button nose.

"Hey, it's okay to cry, I'm here now." He didn't know what has gotten into him to say that but one thing he is sure with was thee growing attraction he felt for the pretty man. Then, he leaned in to cup Beam's face and kiss his forehead.

The one kissed was utterly stunned but somehow felt comfort in the arms the young Jaturapoom. It was different from any solace he received before.

Forth felt embarrassed after realizing what he did. "What I mean is you could ask me if you want to talk about something. You can call me you know." This time it was Beam who places his palm on his nape,

"I-. I don't have a phone." The latter stated looking at his lap.

"WHAT?! From what generation are you? Hahaha..." Forth burst out laughing he was oblivious that he had offended Beam.

"I just don't find that having one is necessary. So, if you don't mind me interrupting your little fun please open the door. I'm going home." He calmly blurted while looking outside the window prompting Forth to stop.

"S-sorry, I did not mean anything. I was just-- "

"Stop, It's okay. Now can we just get going? My head is killing me." Beam proposed leaning his on the window looking outside slowly drifting to sleep.

Forth can't help but scold himself for being insensitive. He proceeded on driving towards home and thought about inviting Beam to stay over out worry.