Chapter 13

After Beam's sudden question, the whole room fell into somewhat, a comfortable silence. They all looked at each other.

"That is what we can't explain to you right now, but we'll seek assistance in order to make sure. For now, you rest. Okay?" The mother asserted.

Forth was pleased by everything that is happening. He never knew that the world is really small.

"Ma'am, can I keep this?" Beam quietly asked reaching for a picture of his parents cradling him as an infant.

"Of course! And please, call me Mae, na". Marla implored to which Beam just nodded, shyly.

Then, the father opened the topic that Beam had put aside for now. He was not embarrassed but then talking about to someone very successful made him partly uncomfortable.

"Beam, hope you won't misunderstand us doing background checks on you and everything may be happening too fast but it's for betterment." Mr. Jaturapoom implied making sure the lad would not take it the wrong way.

Beam being the nice guy, just nod in agreement.

"We want you to continue with your studies," Marla stated with her face expressing how hopeful she is for Beam's future.

Beam looked down, playing on his fingers, then let out his concern. "I would love to but my savings aren't enough yet."

Beam was surprised when Forth, who was sitting beside him suddenly laughed, ruffling the confused one's hair. He stared at the guy with a questioning look.

"Silly, we have been talking about you're family yet you still worry about money. You can even buy lots of malls with your inheritance." Forth enlightened him before turning to his parents. "Mae, I'll leave now. I don't wanna be late. It's just Monday." He notified, before glancing at Beam, wishing him well.

Now, it's just Forth's parents and Beam left. They got back to the track of their conversation,

"So Beam, what do you say?" Mr. Jaturapoom inquired waiting for the young man's opinion.

"Aren't I too late for this year's class? Kit told me their class had already begun a week ago." He voiced out his confusion.

"So you know Kittinan? Hahaha!" Forth's father asked, amused. "Oh no, you shouldn't call him that he'll be a wild cat." Beam retorted playfully which made the couple laugh aloud.

"You want to study with Kit? You--" "Oh no no, that would be very expensive. I can't afford it, yet. I still have a lot of bread to sell." He said, cutting Mr. Jaturapoom while awkwardly laughing.

"Sweety, you're too good for this world. Now, listen to Mae na, you don't need to worry about your future, not when you're here now with us. You can achieve anything you wish for. We can make it work for you to be in the same college as Kit." Marla explained thoroughly.

"What do you mean, M-mae?" Beam asked, nervous, he was trouble mumbling the three-letter word which he wasn't used two. On the other hand, Marla felt her heart explode with mixed emotions.

"The college, where Kit goes is owned by your Grandfather, who will be very happy to meet you." She gladly enlightened the one asking.

"But that would be unfair, I can't go to that college just because I'm the owner's grandson. I haven't even met him, yet." He retorted with much disapproval. The couple just smiled at Beam's manner. They thought that the boy's parents must be very proud of how their son grew up full of virtue.

This time, Darvid was the one who attempted to convince Beam. "Okay, we understand, son. How about you take the admission test for a freshman?" He offered. "That way you encounter the same procedure as your supposed classmates." That lead Beam's forehead to wrinkle, he was thinking about it, wholly. 

"Speaking of which, what is course will be taking, little one," Marla inquired.

"I wanted to be part of the Faculty of Medicine and surgery."

"As expected, you really are the son of your parents. They were both famous in that field, " Beam shyly blushes with the comment. He never had enough time even memories of his parents that a simple compliment makes his heart flutter.

"So Beam, what do you say?" Marla asked hopefully waiting for the young man's response.

Again, Beam thought about everything. The orphanage and Miss Melody is rooting for his success. He wouldn't want them to be disappointed. But, it was just yesterday, he was dragged by Forth from his pitiful room and now, he is the grandson of the owner of his dream university. Everything happened too fast for his pace but he'll feel guilty if he would deprive the happiness of those people who didn't give up and have waited for him to come back. Out of all his worries, came his parents' legacy. The mere mention of them lifted up his spirit. He may not remember them now but deep within him, they are there.

Despite having millions of what if's and but's he cleared his mind,

"I will do my best then." He courageously countered.

*Airliziaf's Note

Just a short update. Stay safe, guys!😘