Chapter 20

When everyone except Beam and Forth was out of the cafeteria, the latter tried to approach the other,  again.

"Beam, let's---" "Let's go home, Forth. I'm tired." Beam cut him off, coldly. He tried to hide the hurt but his expression betrayed him.

"Bee...." Forth's voice cracked, that was the only word he managed to utter.

"Not here." Beam strongly submit. Although he wanted to clear things with Forth, he doesn't want it to be in the cafeteria. He had enough of everyone putting their noses in others business.

The smaller guy walked towards the entrance while the taller one follows him from behind. Forth thought that Beam knew the route back to the parking lot but he was going out of the way,

"Ah, Beam?" Forth asked, hesitantly.

"What?!" Beam, still keeping his facade,  snapped.

"The parking lot is on the other side." The tanned boy answered, awkwardly rubbing his nape. He waited for the other guy to vent his annoyance but he got an unexpected response.

"I was just checking what's on the other side." Blushing in embarrassment, Beam scurried the opposite direction dragging Forth on the way. The latter can't help but smile on the Beam's stunts.

On the way to the parking lot, passers-by can't help but turn their heads following the two with their gazes. Some are fascinated by the view but there are still few that can't stop themselves from being envious of the pale guy.

Beam let go of Forth's wrist when the latter's car came into view. He hastily opens the door which he came to learn while watching Forth do it and slips in the backseat.

The drive back home was filled with uneasiness. Beam just leaned his head on the window, gazing outside while Forth steals glances of the person settled in the rear from the side mirror.

The vehicle stopped in front of the estate's main door. Beam was first the get off. His actions are starting to get the worst of Forth who just let out a frustrated sigh.

They were warmly welcomed by Marla, "So, how was it?" She asked, excitedly.

Beam can't help but smile. All his life, he never had a chance to feel such motherly care.

"It was fine, Mae." Replied Beam while following Forth's figure from his peripheral vision. He saw the other going upstairs.

"Mae, I'm going upstairs na." He told Forth's mother.

"Okay, rest well, na. I'll call you when dinner is ready."

Beam nodded and walked towards the stairs. He took a glimpse of the room across of his. He sighed and went inside his own.

On the other hand, Forth slumped on his bed and was chatting with his friends. It was the first time he agreed to hang out with them in a school night. He just wanted to divert his thoughts for awhile and give Beam some time to think.

Forth glanced at his wall clock. It's already 6 p.m.. He told his friends to meet at 7 p.m., in the bar near his condominium. He forgot that he owned one when Beam started living in their house almost a week ago. It was then he decided to stay there, again. Forth packed his stuff and grabbed his keys.

He glance at Beam's door before continuing on his way.

He went down stairs to tell his parents.
Although, he didn't need their permission, he just wants them to know so they won't worry.

"Mae, Por, I'll be going out with my friends. I won't come till the weekend. I'll be staying at my unit." He directly told his parents.

"How about Beam?" His mother asked.