10 Days - Bloodlust

Type: Angst
Ship: BloodLust (Lust x Horror)
First Person (Lust's POV)
Not requested, just wanted to write something. Also, I'm sorry I never write fluff I just don't know what happiness feels like apparently-
(Medium length)
----

It was almost midnight. The night we were going to find out how long we had left. I was sitting on the couch, cuddling with Horror, and the rest of the gang was there with and Dream, Ink, Blue and Geno. I didn't quite understand how relaxed everyone seemed, the countdown was going to start in a mere 3 minutes... maybe they were trying to enjoy their last moments of obliviousness. It suddenly made everything worse, knowing when you were going to die. I wasn't too worried about how long I had, though... now that Horror and I were together my depression and PTSD had started getting better. I wasn't paying attention to the current conversation topic, all I heard was something about 11:59. Wait, 11:59? I look up at the clock, accidentally giving myself whiplash. It was 11:59. Oh god, it's happening... I clenched my fists and stared up at the clock, waiting anxiously. Tick... tick... tick... 12:00. Everyone immediately looked down at the palm of their dominant hand, where the number of days left was supposed to appear. Taking a shaky breath and holding up my left hand, I did the same.

10

...

What?... only ten days?!

I could feel my soul pounding. That's impossible, this has to be wrong, it just... just can't be right! I glanced up at everyone else in the room. Everyone was smiling at each other, laughing. Even Geno. They all got large numbers. I looked up at Horror, trying to suppress the fear in my voice.

"W.. What'd you get..?" I ask him. He smiles at me.

"21,435" His smile fades slightly. "Why, what's your's?" I stared at him for a second.

"U-um, no reason, I... yeah, me too.. well, not exactly that but... yeah..." I look away and pull up my knees to my chest. Ten days.

I hear Dream mention his number, 22,713, and laugh. Nightmare fell silent. His was 18,436. I couldn't pay attention to anything else, even though I tried too. My mind was too fuzzy. Everyone else had so many years left. I had a little over a week. I almost passed out on the spot. Pulling myself up off the couch, I left the room and stumbled up the stairs. I heard someone call after me, but I didn't listen. Dragging myself to the end of the hall, I collapsed into Horror and I's bed. Pulling the blanket over my skull, I hugged my knees, laying on my side, and cried.

-

10

I wake up some time around 10:30, still feeling exhausted. I slept awkwardly, and my spine hurts like hell. I remember my number. I look down at my palm, hoping it was a bad dream. 10.  I almost tear up just looking at it. What do I do with 10 days? What about all the things I wanted to do with my life? I wanted a family... I wanted to see so many things... How on earth am I going to die?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I hear Horror scream along with a loud crash from downstairs and I sit up. With a sigh, I pull on the longest sweater I could find and head downstairs. I don't want anyone to know how little time I have left. I find Horror in the kitchen, a large cookie tray on the ground.

"I dropped it by accident--" he says. "That was really fucking loud, I just wanted to make some cookies--"

I smile slightly. "Here, let me help you." I say, leaning down to pick up the tray.

"Nah! I got it, I promise I won't burn the house down this time, Lusty." He tells me. I'm unsure how to respond. I might not get a chance to bake with him ever again, but he thinks I have time... I sigh.